Fraggle Rock Animated

Drtooth

Reaction score
I absolutely love the animated series, and I'd venture to say that they're on their way to DVD in the US sometime in the next year or so.

If anything, I can see them finding a way to tie in the movie with the DVD's... so if not next year, than probably right near the movie's release date.

I just hope it's available sepperately, and they don't make an exclusive "ultimate Collectors series" of the full set. But then again, I don't have any volumes yet (40 bucks each? Eek!).

Redsonga

Reaction score
I have the whole series so far :smile:. They will probably be a collectors set :smile:

muppet baby

Reaction score
oh my gosh, i want this show so bad on DVD and i have to be honest, i saw this as a kid before i got to original live action ones i did not HBO as a little, but after i got to see the animated verson some epsodes became avalible on VHS and i got to rent them over and over and now i have the DVDs whooooooooo hoooooooooo . Dream come to anyway i really love both verisons of the fraggles they are wonderful good times and bad . they are just fun like all of the Jim henson muppets the best ever Red will always be my faverite fraggle of all time but the thing i love about this preticual group of them has a gift and it shows though them and they use them .

These group of friends are great TV friends and i love them very much and i know that a lot of you feel the same keke .

the wonderful Fraggles either way, they are perfect .:excited:

GSmiley2007

Reaction score
It would be great to see them interview Rob Paulsen. he was Boober and Sprocket in this series. And a personal favorite voice actor.
It'd be great if Townsend Coleman and Bob Bergen could be interviewed, too.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Exactly. Any voice actor they can track down should do some sort of interview.

Though, if there's no special features, I wouldn't totally mind. Though, I'm sure they can at least scare up some show Promos.... maybe talk to McDonalds to have the Fraggle Rock Happy meal advertisement on there. After all, that was all new animation created specifically for them.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Exactly. Any voice actor they can track down should do some sort of interview.

Though, if there's no special features, I wouldn't totally mind. Though, I'm sure they can at least scare up some show Promos.... maybe talk to McDonalds to have the Fraggle Rock Happy meal advertisement on there. After all, that was all new animation created specifically for them.
Indeed. Or they could tie-it in with the original series by making a sequence of how changing from one format to another didn't outright change the flow of the moving franchise.

GSmiley2007

Reaction score
That would probably work, too! :wink:

BTW, speaking of animated Fraggles and voice actors, who would you go with to voice any animated version of a Fraggle that didn't appear in the cartoon (i.e. Lou Fraggle, Seven-Words-Max, Terry Angus' characters [sans the Storyteller Fraggle, who did appear in the cartoon], Tosh Fraggle)...

For instance, I would've thought Russi Taylor would do a great animated Lou Fraggle, even though none of the Muppet Babies V/Os were used on the animated FR to voice characters.

And I hope I can grab a DVD of animated FR soon! I'll definitely look forward to it, even if it's not as popular as the puppet version was. :smile:

wwfpooh

Reaction score
For instance, I would've thought Russi Taylor would do a great animated Lou Fraggle.
Right. I feel that all she would have to do is deepen her Minnie voice a bit.