This is how out of touch the company is...

JJandJanice

Reaction score
But showcasing a movie that's commercially available loses people money.
Yeah but I don't think they're losing that much money, I mean since Disney bought the Muppets, which that alone must've brought in a ton of cash, they've been putting out a ton of stuff of what they still have, such as Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, Fraggle Rock ect, which must be making some pretty good money otherwise their wouldn't so much more stuff not to mention almost all the seasons of Fraggle Rock to own on DVD or buy off Itunes.

I just think that their really isn't a whole lot of people that are willing to want to wacth a whole movie on youtube, I really do believe most people would rather spend the money to have it on their DVD collection. And since it's not like you can download stuff from youtube anyhow, that maybe, just maybe, will make people want to buy it all the more.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
And since it's not like you can download stuff from youtube anyhow, that maybe, just maybe, will make people want to buy it all the more.
Actually, you can. There are converters out there, if you know how to use them after you locate them. Vixy is one of the most well known ones and it does the job. I use it on the available episodes of Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego (WitWiCS), because the show hasn't seen a DVD release yet and I want my favorite episodes available for me to watch whenever I want. Now, if The Learning Company or whomever owns the series would put it on DVD (or even back on TV, if that were possible), I wouldn't have to use the YT-Vixy combination as a downloable source, for I would gladly snatch up WitWiCS DVDs if they were available. :smile:

That being said...Do it Rockapella! *the WitWiCS theme plays*

minor muppetz

Reaction score
The part I don't understand is this: the JHC has taken stuff off YouTube before, so how could a whole movie (that is available for purchase in stores!) have lasted this long? And what would be the reasoning for leaving The Dark Crystal, when both of those old 1960's Wilson's Meats Meeting Films were taken down from YouTube? I went to show them to a friend one day and they were gone. Fans can't see them anywhere else, and I doubt it was harming anybody.

So the situation doesn't make much sense.
Do you actually know that Henson took the Wilson's Meat Meeting Films down, as opposed to Wilsons Meats taking them down?

MrsPepper

Reaction score
I assumed it was Henson, but it doesn't really matter because they're been back up on YouTube for about a year.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
I assumed it was Henson, but it doesn't really matter because they're been back up on YouTube for about a year.
Like I said, people will find a way to get things back on the 'Net, regardless of who takes them down.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Right and by then, it'd be too late and they'd be losing money if people watch one of their movies for free and downloaded via many converter sites.
This is what bothers me. If something IS commercially available world wide, then it really SHOULD be taken down. But what do they take down instead? Inconsequential 30 second openings, closings, and the occassional "We don't even want to bother releasing it or even airing it" obscurities.

It's people that load up current movies and TV shows that help to hurt the cause of people who really just want to share rare clips and media that are locked away in the basement of some greedy and/or incompitant copyright holder, too afraid they won't make extreme profits if they actually commercially release them.

And yes, I do use digital converters, but only for RARE music clips, and only Mp3's.

You'd think, in this day and age of the internet, if these companies want to compete, they'd have these things commercially avialable themselves (some places do, Thank Frog that SW is one of them). But sadly, a lot of them refuse to even bother, and take it out on people who are stupid enough to post commercial avialaible current movies and TV shows in full clips.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Agreed. And well said. People need priorities.