Traditional Animation: The Return

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Like I said:

Clare Milne; A. A. Milne's grand-daughter and Christopher Robin Milne's daughter, who knows that it is not the departure of her father's younger self as a central character that ruined the franchise [...] moreover it was the radical change in the Pooh premise that basically altered everything & turned people off from the franchise.
Are you kidding? In terms of revenue, he is tied with the mouse. In terms of quality, I do not know?

So, basically besides buying up Pixar, what has the new guy done that's so great? Mickey, Goofy and Donald are basically just made for a lousy kids show, and everything else is exploiting the heck out of tweencoms. At the risk of sounding cynic, how's that any different?
If you men Robert Iger, nothing. But hey, if it ain't broke, right... But if you mean John Lasseter, he is only in charge of Movie Animation and their is significant change in the way he does things.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
The latest Goofy short subject paired with National Treasure 2 was a crowd pleaser. I think they'll do more of that. Personally I think Disney should create 2 or more classic character shorts per year. One for the Summer movie season the other for Winter films. It could happen.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Just as long as it brings Disney to how it was before Eisner dismantled the animation department, I'll be one happy camper.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Me too, but as long as Darby and crew have a hold on the Pooh product, there's probably little to no chance of NA coming to full DVD form.
*stomps foot* But I want them! I want them now! *sniffs*
I'd found a few episodes hidden in collection DVDs, but it's just not the same :frown:.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
*stomps foot* But I want them! I want them now! *sniffs*
I'd found a few episodes hidden in collection DVDs, but it's just not the same :frown:.
I know what you mean! As a true Pooh-o-phile, I respect what the new series has brought to the young generations of today, but I also want them--and us older generations--to see what came before, because if we lose our past, then things could get ugly.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
But the thing is...Eisner did break it.
It depends of how you look at it. If you mean quality, yes. If you look at it in terms of dollar signs then, no.

The latest Goofy short subject paired with National Treasure 2 was a crowd pleaser. I think they'll do more of that. Personally I think Disney should create 2 or more classic character shorts per year. One for the Summer movie season the other for Winter films. It could happen.
Would love to see more Goofy shorts!:big_grin:

wwfpooh

Reaction score
It depends of how you look at it. If you mean quality, yes. If you look at it in terms of dollar signs then, no.
But as Walt himself said, "I make money to make pictures, not make pictures to make money."

Drtooth

Reaction score
I know what you mean! As a true Pooh-o-phile, I respect what the new series has brought to the young generations of today, but I also want them--and us older generations--to see what came before, because if we lose our past, then things could get ugly.
I think MOST of the Pooh projects were great. book of Pooh I never saw, and My friends, Tigger and Pooh sounds terrible (and following the Dora model of children's edutainment- which is neither educational nor entertaining). But it's the projects tyhat I respect.

The products, on the other hand... I can respect the dude's popular, but for the love of Pete, they put him on EVERYTHING late 90's, and even today. Why, it was almost uncommon to walk into a Disney store and see Mickey Mouse products. That's gotta tell you something. The last straw was the Pooh dressed up as a Dalmation.