Gobo's "eh"...

Redsonga

Reaction score
Well, the Labyrinth is underground so it is not that hard to link the two *lol* :excited:

RL4422

Reaction score
My husband and I were discussing the accent the other night. I didn't know what a Canadian accent was when I was little... but without it, Gobo wouldn't be Gobo. It's genius! :smirk:

Redsonga

Reaction score
My husband and I were discussing the accent the other night. I didn't know what a Canadian accent was when I was little... but without it, Gobo wouldn't be Gobo. It's genius! :smirk:
I did'nt know that one really was until just this year..I just never stopped to think about it before :coy:

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Well, the Labyrinth is underground so it is not that hard to link the two *lol* :excited:
It's not hard to link all Henson creations together. Just place the Muppet Theature somewhere in New York next to Sesame Street and in either building, have underground tunnels connecting to the Labryinth and Fraggle Rock.

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
I was born in Anchorage, Alaska, and on our move back to the lower 48, we spent a week driving through the Yukon and British Columbia. I like to remark that had I been born 50 or so miles east, I could have qualified for dual citizenship.

I've not heard many Canadians use the "eh;" for me, what identifies a Canadian accent is the pronunciation of words like "house" and "about," rather like "hose" and "a-boat." With a long O.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Hahah! To me it doesn't sound that way at all, but maybe to you it does. >< Okay, I've decided. Everyone make a list of words that Canadians apparently say funny, and I will do a recording of it to settle the record! :wink:

Redsonga

Reaction score
Well, Gobo isn't so much a Canadian stereotype as he is a character that just happens to live under Canada a bit as I can understand it now :wink:. It's funny to think, if different parts of the rock truly live under different parts of the whole world (in a next door dimension sort of way) , how much the deeper trademarks of the local accents might effect the fraggles living there...I wonder what the fraggles under england might sound like :confused:

wwfpooh

Reaction score
They may make use of terms used by Britain, Wales, etc.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
It's not just the wording, I can just see all the different dialects mixing together in funny ways *lol*:excited:
Me too, for after all, FR was created as an anti-war version of the human race to an extent.