What movie are you planning on, going to see?

JJandJanice

Reaction score

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
We'll see what kind of reviews it gets by fridays papers. I for one will see this movie.
I don't know? From the sound of it, it sounds like typical Dreamworks fodder to me... I'm just cautious.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Well my problem with animated movies now a days (or cgi kiddie movies now) is there isn't really a major story and the characters are thrown in trying to figure out something. But then again, I'm basing the new new kid movies on previous movies I've seen in the past, like The Lion King, Aladdin, An American Tail, etc.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Well my problem with animated movies now a days (or cgi kiddie movies now) is there isn't really a major story and the characters are thrown in trying to figure out something. But then again, I'm basing the new new kid movies on previous movies I've seen in the past, like The Lion King, Aladdin, An American Tail, etc.
Well, I think people know where to find the good animated movies. It's just that for every god one out there, there are like twenty passive ones out there.

I'm suprised Coraline preformed as well as it did! It's not so muhc that it was a major release, it's that it's so muhc darker than a lot of the "kiddy fare" that's put there.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
I love Carolina, that's an awesome movie I'm planning on buying

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Saw the Monsters vs Aliens movie. It was pretty good. The movie is designed for kids, so I wasn't surprised by that much stuff.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I really enjoyed Monsters Vs Aliens. It still had the usual Dreamworks stuff in it, so I wasn't expecting Kung Fu Panda's quality.

I must also say, the movie doesn't really get funny (at least for me it didn't) until Steven Colbert's president came on screen. The 7 bucks alone is worth it for his performance... I had problems with Reese Witherspoon's character... she really seemed like a generic character, when the other monsters (Dr. Cockaroach and The Missing Link especially) were far more interresting... and better actors I might add... Reese just had a generic sounding voice... they could have just saved their money and gotten Grey Delise... she sounded like her.

But then of course we have the alien... and lemme tell you... The alien was every bit as hilarious as Steven Cobert. Rain Wilson REALLY hammed it up there. I'm thinking the Blob guy would be the most over rated character when it comes to publicity, cuz to me, the stars were Rainn Wilson and Colbert, no doubt. And Hugh Laurie was great too.

I liked it a lot more than I liked Shrek the Third and Bee movie... but not as much as Panda or Over the hedge (their best work). And I don't know what kind of kick they're on, not shoving poop and fart jokes into their movies, but I hope they can continue that streak.

Xerus

Reaction score
I really liked Monsters Vs. Aliens. I think there should be a sequel or maybe a TV series. I can see so many stories with these characters.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I have a list:

Wolverine: Origins
Terminator: Salvation
Transformers 2
Dragonball Evolution (shaddup ... I'm seeing it anyway)

I was HOPING to get Fraggle Rock ... but ... ugh ... it's not going to be this year. Grr.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Dragonball Evolution (shaddup ... I'm seeing it anyway)
I dunno why... I just wanna sneak into that movie, yell "IT'S OVER 9000!" at the top of my lungs and leave....:big_grin: