I Love the 90s MC thread

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Well since SSLfan came up with the awesome idea of starting an "I Love The 80's" thread, based on the VH1 show. I thought I'd pretty much just rip his idea and start an "I Love the 90s" thread.

The decade that started these burning questions...

Wouldn't you hate to live next to this guy (Urkel)?

What's the deal with thoes pogs?

And what is it about Mary?

It's MC's I love the 90s

muppet baby

Reaction score
Well since SSLfan came up with the awesome idea of starting an "I Love The 80's" thread, based on the VH1 show. I thought I'd pretty much just rip his idea and start an "I Love the 90s" thread.

The decade that started these burning questions...

Wouldn't you hate to live next to this guy (Urkel)?

What's the deal with thoes pogs?

And what is it about Mary?

It's MC's I love the 90s
wow this is a cool thread

ok some things though that i love about the 90s is

1 the pocket rocker this was right before dvds a really cute little tape player with really small tapes and u could attach them to your back pack or byclycle and then u could play these cool tune thought u could buy the tapes for a cool good price .

2 the really great toys polly pocket strawberry short cake was was making a come back from the 80s and she still looked the same haha .

3 the great muppet toys of the 90s also :excited:

there are seveeral other things but it is late and i need to think some and then i will put them tomrow promise

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Pogs are pretty cool! I have some!

But I think I like the Link N' logs better! I used to play with those a lot!

JJandJanice

Reaction score
wow this is a cool thread

3 the great muppet toys of the 90s also

there are seveeral other things but it is late and i need to think some and then i will put them tomrow promise
You know sadly the only Muppet toy that really comes to mind of the 90s is Tickle me Elmo, :sympathy:

Pogs are pretty cool! I have some!

!
Pogs were pretty cool, I use to have myself a collection, but like a lot of people they I got out of them as fast as I got into them.

Redsonga

Reaction score
I had a set of Power Ranger POGS and one very ugly skull slamer a friend gave me...I never could play but I liked the pictures...

Things I loved about the early 90's (Note: When the 90's started I was six :3)...

Neon colored clothing (I would still wear it!)
Tying my t-shirt to the side with a plastic ring to show my belly button
Hypercolor t-shirts! :big_grin:
Layering your socks was still cool ^.^
Wearing bike shorts under your skirt was still cool ^.^
Saturday morning tv (If you were there you remember :wink:)
Lisa Frank Trapper Keepers
Disney movies (most of all, Aladdin)
Nicktoons like Doug and Rugrats (before they were ruined :frown: )
The start of Nick Jr., with Little Bits, David the Nome, Nozzles and so many others
Land Of The Lost (the 90's version)
Out Of This World
Harry and The Henersons (the tv series)
All the game shows Nick use to have *sigh*-.-, and series like Hey Dude, Classia Explains It All, The Adventures Of Pete and Pete, and Salute Your Shorts ;.;
Power Rangers (the first series, I wanted to be the pink ranger ^.^)
All the mermaid themed dolls (Yay!^.^)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (the cartoon, the toys (which I always wanted but never asked for), and the whole fad :3)
The Simpsons fad (I loved seeing all the Bart shirts the boys would wear because I was not allowed to watch the show is the was the nearest I could get -.-)
Tiny Toon Adventures
New candies like Ring Pop, Push Pop, and Bubble Tape, and snacks like Fruit By The Foot, Gushers, and Shark Bites ^.^
Full House, Step By Step, Life Goes On, Saved By The Bell (I was not that much of a Family Matters girl...)
Who's The Boss (OMG, the ending was so awful ;.;!)
Lifestyles Of The Rich and Famous (I was such a fan of that show, being poor and all...)
America's Funniest Home Videos
Beakman's World
All the PBS shows like Square One TV, Newton's Apple, Where in The World Is CS? The Big A, 321 Contact, Reading Rainbow,and Ghostwriter ^.^
And the hair ties! I still wear them :3!

Redsonga

Reaction score
Oh, and Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers, Gummi Bears, Darkwing Duck, and Alvin and The Chipmunks of course :smile:!
And who can forget Vanilla Ice, MC Hammer, New Kids On The Block, the California Raisins, and of course, Achy Breaky Heart *lol* ^.^

ngreen522

Reaction score
Redsonga, Are you my long lost best friend or what? Because you just summed up my childhood.

I also loved K'nex. -- built a whole K'Nex carnival in my basement, and the Big Ball Factory.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
I had a little skinny pink jar filled with Pogs. Most of them were shiney. I had better Pogs than anyone in my class because I would go to the dollar store and buy packages of them, whereas they would go to Zellers or whatever where they were more expensive and less likely to be shiney! And I got this awesome slammer out of a Captain Crunch box once... I was the coolest kid in grade 1!

SSLFan

Reaction score