Disney greenlights "The Muppet Show" comics

Status
Not open for further replies.

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score

muppet baby

Reaction score
i have a question about these new great comics that are going to come out that i will be adding to the ones that i get subcibones to .

Are they always going to be 5 dollars a issue and also how many times a year will they be coming out
:excited::excited:

i remember a few comics as a kid the grown up muppets and muppet babies comics i read those along with the archie comics I still read archie today keke .

i wish the muppet babies ones had lasted longer i did not get to get many of them as a kid becuse they where so popular in my town at the time that the stores could not keep them in stock :crazy:.

I am geting the older muppet babies issues from e-bey thank goodness .

Did they have any of the adult muppets in comics in the 80s just wondering i can not remmber any .

I can not wait for the ones that are coming out wow

Vic Romano

Reaction score
My big question is, besides us muppet geeks, who the heck is going to buy a Muppet Show comic book? There are so many other great comics out these days, I don't see this lasting much longer than the four issue mini-series, unless they time it right with the new movie, etc. Not trying to be a downer...
I have to agree with Kevin here (sorry, Ryan!), but that's why I think an artist like Dave Alvarez should do this, the style alone would interest buyers.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I think I'm willing to give it a chance to come out and drive it around the block before I bash anything. No need to nay-say until I know for sure.

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
Sorry, I was bashing it based on actually SEEING it. I didn't like the artwork in it. Everyone else is entitled to their own opinion when it actually comes out, but I wasn't speculating. I saw it.

I didn't read it, so I'll reserve comment on the writing, however.

:stick_out_tongue:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I was bashing it based on actually SEEING it. I didn't like the artwork in it. Everyone else is entitled to their own opinion when it actually comes out, but I wasn't speculating. I saw it.

I didn't read it, so I'll reserve comment on the writing, however.

:stick_out_tongue:
The first issue is a done-deal to me. I'll invest in a copy of this experiment. Maybe in the future they can include different styles from different artists?

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Thank you Kevin! I wish everyone here had that attitude. :smirk:
I'm sorry. I guess I just got could in the reviews for it (witch wern't very good, lol) So the should of it kind of freaked me out and turned me going it the opposite direction of it, haha!:stick_out_tongue:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I don't exactly know what you're looking at. Most of the artwork I've seen for the Muppets really seems to fit. But then again, most of it is done by people like Frith, Marie Severin... people who really know the feel of the characters.

Though it is often we see artists slip into their own style. Like Gilchrist's later muppet strips. They seem to be a lot looser than the earlier ones when he was trying to make them look as much like the puppets as possible.

Personally, I still think they need to get a variety of artists on this project. Not that I don't like the guy's style of art work, but it seems to fit shorts rather than full multipage storylines.

And Was Once Ernie... I wonder if it's possible for you and that other guy to contact them about asking if you can work somewhere in a future issue. I bet you guys would REALLy do a great job there.

It reminds me of a story about the one shot Mighty heroes comic Marvel published... Ralph Bakshi wasn't contacted (he created them for Terrytoons, after all) and didn't know about the project, and would have loved to have been behind it.

Status
Not open for further replies.