True or False

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
Thats interesting.
True or False: The first cartoon featuring Mickey Mouse was Steamboat Willie?

(also, ryhoyarbie, a few posts back, you said "I'll let the little lady ask her question", or something like that were you refering to me?)

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Thats interesting.
True or False: The first cartoon featuring Mickey Mouse was Steamboat Willie?

(also, ryhoyarbie, a few posts back, you said "I'll let the little lady ask her question", or something like that were you refering to me?)
True.

And I was referring to D'Snowth. I apologized for the gender problem.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Actually, it's false. The first one was technically Plane Crazy. The reason? Both it and Gallopin' Gaucho aired originally without sound. Then with the advent of sound, Steamboat Willie aired, making it the first short cartoon with sound added, as the first two were later dubbed over with sound in following years.

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
Actually, it's false. The first one was technically Plane Crazy. The reason? Both it and Gallopin' Gaucho aired originally without sound. Then with the advent of sound, Steamboat Willie aired, making it the first short cartoon with sound added, as the first two were later dubbed over with sound in following years.
Right. your turn wwfpooh.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
True or False: Wally Cox was the voice of Superman-esque canine superhero, Underdog in the character's original heyday.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I'm delighted to see that my thread has gained a following during my absence, and thank you everybody for keeping it on track and running smoothly. :smile:

As for Pooh's question I really don't know if Wally Cox voiced Underdog originally, but I'll take a guess at false.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Actually, just as Underdog wears red & blue, the answer to said question is actually true. XD

Wallace (Wally) Maynard Cox did originally voice Underdog, because at the time of the show's creation, small-framed and timid people weren't in high demand & so, General Mills--the sponsor of the Total Television (or known to fans as T-TV) series and its companion segments--combed everywhere for their star, only to find him in Wally Cox, who was known at the time for not only being a Hollywood Squares semi-regular, but for being known as mild-manner teacher, Mr. Peepers.

But sadly, the voice of Underdog (and his other identity as "humble and loveable" Shoeshine Boy) ironically ended up dying by--of all things--a pill overdose.

This brought on the heart attack that ultimately resulted in Cox's passing. However, Cox got his wish--to be cremated alongside Hollywood friend, Marlon Brando--and both men's remains were eventually scattered into the vast recesses of Death Valley, CA.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Does anyone else want to make a statement?

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Okay. In Walt Disney's Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, three of the Dwarfs' names begin with the letter D. This will test your Disney knowledge. :big_grin: