1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

True or False

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bill Bubble Guy, Jul 30, 2008.

1. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

I'm gonna wing it and say false :o
  2. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

One of my favorite newspaper comic strips, I've been reading it for as long as I can remember, and as far as I can remember he always was a soldier, BUT, the strip HAS been around longer than I have apparently, so I'm so 100% sure.

I THINK true, though.
  3. ryhoyarbie

ryhoyarbie Active Member

I'm going to say "I know not?" and go watch the showgirls on stage.
  4. Bill Bubble Guy

Bill Bubble Guy Active Member

Actually the answer is false.
    For the most part he has been a soldier, but according to wikipedia in the earliest days of the comic strip, he was just an ordinary civilian. Apparently the strip had not been running very long when Mort Walker threw this twist into the tale.
    Beetle is supposed to have been fooling around dating two girls, neither of them aware about the other, and one day to his horror he saw them approaching him from opposite ends of the street. Stuck in the middle the only place he could turn to avoid meeting them both was through the doorway of an open building. So before they could notice him he ran inside. It was the headquarters where the Army signed up volunteers and so Beetle enlisted rather than face two angry, hurt women. And the Army has been the setting for the comic ever since.

So you were right Sargey. :)
  5. Sgt Floyd

Ok...true or false

The Movie The Nightmare Before Christmas does actually have a sequel
  6. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

I would say that was true?
  7. Colbynfriends

Colbynfriends Active Member

8. D'Snowth

Hey no fair making a statement based on one of your obsessions!
  9. Bill Bubble Guy

Pardon me Snowth, but I don't see what is so wrong about that. Sargey should be allowed to base her true or false statement upon anything she likes as far as I'm concerned.

I hope her feelings haven't been hurt. :concern:
  10. D'Snowth

I was joking Marty.
  11. Bill Bubble Guy

That's all right Snowthy. I honestly couldn't believe you meant anything critical of Sargey. :) I just hope she took it as a joke.

When I noticed your post I remembered reading somewhere on the forum a while back, the recommendation of using the Scooter wink smiley ;) to highlight that some comment was meant as an innocent jest. Otherwise there is the slight chance that it might be misconstrued. I think that's a very good idea to keep in mind. I'd hate for any of my friends to upset each other without realizing what had happened.
  12. Sgt Floyd

It is true!

While Corpse Bride is often confused with being a sequel, the real sequel is actually the video game Oogies Revenge for PS2 and X-Box, which takes place after everything that happened in the movie.
  13. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Yeah! My turn!

True or false: A video game plays games?
  14. Colbynfriends

15. ryhoyarbie

ryhoyarbie Active Member

A video game player plays games, along with the person playing the game.
  16. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Right! A game can not play a game, but a person can play a game. A gaming council can play a game.
  17. Bill Bubble Guy

That certainly was one to make you think William. :)
  18. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Thanks! It's Colbynfriends turn!
  19. Sgt Floyd

my brain hurts, too many "games" in one sentence *shot*
  20. Colbynfriends

True or False: The CD "Ol' Brown Ears Is Back" was Released in 1993