If there were a video game...

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Let's see, where would I begin?

For the handhelds, I'd probably keep it to a simple plot with lots of mini-games, such as music games and such.

For something a bit grander (PS3 and such), I would keep the same plot but make it more in-depth.

(inhales)

There wouldn't be too much of a plot at the beginning. You would create your own Fraggle and participate in various activities (like rock-climbing, rock hockey, pickle balancing, racing, etc) while you get the feel for the controls and the characters you meet. You wouldn't be able to go to Outer Space or the Gorg's garden until later.

Eventually, though, you'd meet characters who actually can give you a plot. Meeting the Minstrels would unlock a plot about uniting the Rock with music. Meeting Gobo and Uncle Matt would unlock a plot about exploring (including Outer Space and the Gorg's garden). Meeting Red and Mokey would unlock trying to be the best gamer. Meeting Cotterpin would unlock helping the Doozers create fantastic buildings and such. However, you'd never be totally locked into a particular plot (while Cantus WOULD nag you in his usual low-key way if you wembled about becoming a minstrel throughout other plots) because, well, Fraggles can't tell you what to do. :coy: If you decide to go hang out with Junior all day ...

On the other hand, the plots would continue whether you chose those or not. (If you helped the Doozers build, for example, someone else would become the best painter or rock-climber or explorer or whatever). Since you could still do all of those things, you could earn trophies for your room for things you accomplish, which could also be traded.

Also, there'd HAVE to be an online component, though it wouldn't be mandatory. You could trade presents, have competitions, audition for Fraggle plays, learn new songs, etc.

Furthermore, since trophy-collecting seems so ... ordinary ... your accomplishments would also get turned into stories as related by the Storyteller. The more you accomplish, the more outlandish the stories become, even to the point of getting the Storyteller confused :smirk:. There would also be a community thing, where the Trash Heap (since she hears and sees and knows all) could brag on you online. (Maybe it'd also be cool if she could read other games on your memory card/hard drive and offer advice or mention some fond memories.)

Endings would be different depending on which plot/mission you spent the most time working on. There would be no "sad" endings, though.

There would be sources of conflict, just to make things interesting:

Minstrel: You might get lonely if you've made a bunch of friends with other Fraggles. Cantus may send you home temporarily if he feels you're not ready, or he might send you on a random mission to help someone.

Exploration: You might get lost listening to Uncle Matt's directions. Gobo might become jealous of you. There are dangerous creatures and obstacles, such as the Invisible Gargoyle and such.

Activity: You could get hurt ...lol. Red might end up trying to out-do you (though you could calm her down by asking to "train under her" so she'll feel important).

Doozer Construction: Something could happen to the radishes (which would, of course, touch off a WHOLE list of problems). The Glob could invade the Doozer city. Doozer teams that aren't kept busy might just turn into Fraggles.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Holy shrimp, Batman! That sounds like a swell game idea! I'd buy it instantly. XD

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Thanks. I wish I knew how to make a demo. I'd love to submit it to the Hensons.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Gaaame :confused:! I had an idea that any new FR game would be like DDR or Guitar Hero, but I like the idea of a normal RPG more..I dunno if we could ever get a game maker that cares enough about fraggles to make a really nice game though :frown:

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Well, I could see the handhelds being more about minigames and such ... but it's a sin not to exploit the power of the consoles.

I would LOVE a Fraggle version of DDR! :big_grin:

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Well, the main thing for me, would be to have a relatively open game. Though, even sitting in the Gorg's garden watching Junior pull weeds for four hours wouldn't be completely pointless. For example, Junior would appreciate you more as a friend.

I would want characterization to be VERY important. I would want conversations to be based on how far along you are on your goals and such. For example, if you kept switching between "jobs", some characters would start to get irritated with you, but Wembley might appreciate you more as someone who understands what you're going through. If you chose exploring, Red would have more sarcastic things to say about Gobo and Matt. That sort of thing. If you don't feel ready to start missions/plots at all and keep (politely) turning down all the offers ... Boober might assume you want to learn laundry from him and keep pestering you about it.

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
These are some great ideas. I would totally buy a game like this.:excited:

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Wouldn't we all? And the opening of the game would be just like the TV series, but with the audience possibly playing Gobo's role. XD

Redsonga

Reaction score
Boober might assume you want to learn laundry from him and keep pestering you about it.
Could you:concern:? I can just see it now:
Fraggle Rock The video Game : "The Long Wash":excited:!
Separate those colors heave ho, really make them shine
soak those bleach nuts, gather that soap rock
we've got lots of time :big_grin:!