Caped Crusader: New Batman Film Rumors

greenlite

Reaction score
I could totally see something like that.

Now, here's what I wanna know... if the Joker's around, will he be an unseen menace, like Frogboy suggested, or will he be recast? I feel the former works better, as a tribute to Heath... and if the Penguin and Riddler are also there, I feel it would be pretty cluttered with 3 villains (Since the others had around 2... Scarecrow was mentioned... don't know if that was really him)
In my imaginary movie, the closest you're gonna get with the Joker is a visit to his cell or a view of his back. I prefer him to be someone people refer to during their conversations rather than taking the centre stage...therefore really there're only two villains...I think the Joker should be retired the way the Yankees retire Babe Ruth Jersey, at least in the Nolan franchise. And you're right it's a fitting tribute for Heath too.

I think the Riddler might become an extended Harvey Dent as well cuz he's the good bad guy so you can create some sympathy for him like they did for Harvey...but Two-Face only exploded for like 10min. and the Riddler can explode for the whole movie

greenlite

Reaction score
But with this probably being the last Nolan Batman, having more villains could work (just as it did for Spiderman).
I think we might need 3+ hrs if we wanna develope a third villain (other than the Joker cuz he's not gonna appear & we already know him)...it'll end up like The Lord of the Rings, movie marathon finale. Or we might get a venom...and from what I've heard people don't really like the way he was developed...and rumors he will be in the 4th film? Cheers^^

greenlite

Reaction score
greenlite, I like your ideas, though I think I'll have a face palm moment if there is too much focus on Bruce not having a girlfriend. There are just too many angsty superheros who can't keep a girlfriend out there and it gets old after a while. quote]

I mean, the guy is getting pretty lonely he lost his gf, successor (Dent), Batmobil, not to mention his old mansion is still in the rebuiding phase ><

That's why people started talking about Catwoman & Robin etc...I don't really think the lack of female presence in the movie will hurt anyone cuz after all Holmes looked like she had Parkinson's and Gyllengeal wasn't wasn't given much to do anyway. Might as well develope more on Gordon's family since it has a mom, boy and a future batgirl (but not transforming in this one!) *could be a good rehabilitation for Christian Bale too haha.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
But for all we know, Barbra/Batgirl and Richard/Robin won't be in Nolan's films because--as noted--Nolan prefers his Bruce/Batman solo.

greenlite

Reaction score
But for all we know, Barbra/Batgirl and Richard/Robin won't be in Nolan's films because--as noted--Nolan prefers his Bruce/Batman solo.
I know and Bale will tie himself up if Robin comes along. What I meant was instead of creating another Rachael Dawes or Catwoman I prefer Nolan spending more time on family values with Gordon's "ordinary" family ie leave Robin and Batgirl for other directors who wanna take over from the 4th film

Drtooth

Reaction score
If Robin has to be in one of these Batman films, i want to see him be a 12 year old... similar to the Robin seen in The Batman, or the Kid's WB season of Batman TAS... only a LOT darker. Not Emo... more like just as serious in bringing scum to justice as Bruce would... only a lot more reckless....

Though, I'd rather NO Robin.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
If Robin has to be in one of these Batman films, i want to see him be a 12 year old... similar to the Robin seen in The Batman, or the Kid's WB season of Batman TAS... only a LOT darker.
So a younger Titans Robin (in Titans, Robin was a mini-Batman, sans the brooding aspect [which he managed well when he did straddle that line]), basically?

greenlite

Reaction score
If Robin has to be in one of these Batman films, i want to see him be a 12 year old... similar to the Robin seen in The Batman, or the Kid's WB season of Batman TAS... only a LOT darker. Not Emo... more like just as serious in bringing scum to justice as Bruce would... only a lot more reckless....

Though, I'd rather NO Robin.
If that encourages kids to fight criminals rather than playing shooting games and end up shooting people in the shopping mall...then go for it^^

Redsonga

Reaction score
If that encourages kids to fight criminals rather than playing shooting games and end up shooting people in the shopping mall...then go for it^^
Hmmm..well, kids that end up shooting others usually have bigger troubles than the fact that they played shooting video games. I played DOOM since I was 12 years old and I did not grow up to be a murderer. My vote goes for the lack of understanding and help from others that the child maybe did not get that they in place of that support filled with time playing video games:sympathy:...But meh, back on topic...:smile:

wwfpooh

Reaction score
I played DOOM since I was 12 years old and I did not grow up to be a murderer.
And many of us played that and Mortal Kombat, but we knew the difference between the visual "reality" of games and the real world.