TV Comeback for Muppets?

SSLFan

Reaction score
This Stuff Is SERIOUS!

My local news station actually did a news report on the whole Segal-Muppet movie thing. I think this thing is really going to work. They say if the movie goes through, we may see a new Muppet series and everything! As Prawny as said, it is truly a great day to be a Muppet fan!:excited::smile:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I think some of these sources around the web (positive like the imdb and negative like the anonymous source on newsflash's blog) are trying to appear more knowledgeable than they actually are. I believe in the official press statements unless otherwise officially contradicted. I believe in possibilities; however a Segel written Muppet Show is only likely if the film does well. His film is not due out until 2010 so a television show wouldn't happen until 2011 at the earliest if at all. I do like the idea, but one wonders where this info comes from.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Hey, if they can get the Muppets on TV in this climate of twittering tweenage pandering, moronic game shows that insult their contestants, and CSI having too many spinoffs and ripoffs (mostly on its own channel... seriously... do we even NEED Navy NCIS?) they can do anything. I'm still pretty skeptic. Unless Syndicated TV takes a total 180, and becomes the great source of original programming again, instead of a factory where TV show judges get put together.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
are trying to appear more knowledgeable than they actually are
But why? They should wait until the movie officially is made or is officially canned.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Bear in mind also that his day job is on "How I Met Your Mother" and he would be unlikely to have the time to star in one weekly program while writing for another.

Plus, a new Muppet Show wouldn't be "Segel-written"; how many TV shows have just one writer? Answer: none.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

wwfpooh

Reaction score
and he would be unlikely to have the time to star in one weekly program while writing for another
One's a job and the other's probably a hobby.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
One's a job and the other's probably a hobby.
No... I think both are jobs. Screenwriting is indeed a profession, and that is indeed what he'd be doing, along with acting. So he'd have two jobs. Which I do, indeed, find highly unlikely. Especially when we have a team of brilliant writers like Kirk Thatcher and Jim Lewis in waiting, ready to do a show like this.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
No... I think both are jobs. Screenwriting is indeed a profession, and that is indeed what he'd be doing, along with acting. So he'd have two jobs. Which I do, indeed, find highly unlikely. Especially when we have a team of brilliant writers like Kirk Thatcher and Jim Lewis in waiting, ready to do a show like this.
I just hope we don't have to wait forever for this to occur! XD