TV Comeback for Muppets?

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
The thing that bothers me is they called it a Kids TV classic.:stick_out_tongue:

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Well, as was said, all of Henson's work is labeled with the "for kids" banner.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
It would be, if they actually showed the older movies and the Muppet Show on tv:sympathy:
But the shows weren't geared towards kids, especially TMS. It was geared specifically towards adults, even despite The Muppets' irreverant humor.

Redsonga

Reaction score
But the shows weren't geared towards kids, especially TMS. It was geared specifically towards adults, even despite The Muppets' irreverant humor.
But that doesn't matter, because by the time we came along it was seen as a kids show, and there is nothing wrong with that:flirt:. Shows can start off aimed at one group and draw in more of another, it does not devalue the show at all:smile:...And since when should it matter what the muppets are labeled as? Everyone can and does still love them:excited:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Ooh I'm sorry but that's a very wrong statement. TMS was geared towards everyone. As the original pitch tape says, "Dirty cynical hippies will love our dirty, cynical Muppets!" Jim wanted The Muppet Show to be fore everyone. Not just adults or kids or men or women or chickens. Jim wanted everyone to enjoy his show--and they did.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Exactly. The same applies to most of Henson's work, IMHO.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Kids were drawn to it from the start... That's why Fraggle Rock was created... Because they had such a large audience of children watching the show.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
The creators of FR said that they never intended to have a specific demographic. Yes, the show appealed to kids, but given that said kids--us--had parents, the parents got involved, too.

Redsonga

Reaction score
The creators of FR said that they never intended to have a specific demographic. Yes, the show appealed to kids, but given that said kids--us--had parents, the parents got involved, too.
Certain episodes I never saw when I was little still make me cry...Now, it is easy to make me cry in the first place, but I think that is saying something:smile:. FR might look on the surface to only be aimed at little ones, but it really is much more :excited: