TV Comeback for Muppets?

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
A If The Muppets could prove naysayers wrong, it would pure awesomeness in a can!
I love that saying!:smile:

But I heard Jim in an interview telling the person who was interviewing them how Cable was really opening it up for them and how he had been battling the networks for years. Not I thin that cable has gone the way of the networks after all these years and I just know he would have been the first out there to embrace the internet and other forums of putting your work out there. Now they are just starting to do to it the same thing they did to television.:stick_out_tongue:

wwfpooh

Reaction score
The the above is a keen example of how innovative Henson himself was.

Redsonga

Reaction score
The the above is a keen example of how innovative Henson himself was.
I still say there will be a 2nd coming someday, maybe not even from within his family, but I just know whoever it is is out there somewhere :excited:

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Indeed. The "other" Jim--the one writing for the specials--and Segal--writing for the movie--as well as Edwards--writing for the Fraggle film--are all the type of people we could (hopefully) trust with Henson's creations.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Agreed. It could become what it used to be, given time.

Redsonga

Reaction score
I know it has been said before but a new muppet show, even if it was only for teen idol guest, would be great..I think if today's stars can be poked fun at it will make them seem more human, and not just things or superstars like today's media seems to sell them as :frown:. One of things I liked about the muppet show was it's ability to get even the biggest names to act like themselves ...

wwfpooh

Reaction score
And that's 'cause The Muppets have certain charm that draws people to them and vice-versa.

Redsonga

Reaction score
And that's 'cause The Muppets have certain charm that draws people to them and vice-versa.
..and I think as long as the muppets just be themselves and don't try too hard that will naturally show :smile: