Puppet Heap is Hiring

MGov

Reaction score
LOL... Again, you guys don't see the point. Let me make it clear that it is NOT puppet building job, it is for costuming/draping. This is not about puppet building which is why it shouldn't even be in this thread to begin with.
Yeah! Cause costuming has NOTHING to do with puppet building!

If you let them get away with this, then the next thing you know, they will want you to sew! And glue! And heavens forbid, they might eventually want you to create!

:rolleyes:

"Muppetinsider", please pick one argument. Either it isn't worth the money or it's too far away or it isn't a puppet building job or Puppet Heap is the devil incarnate.

Just want to stay organized.

mrhogg

Reaction score
Puppet building isn't something so narrowly defined as building the body of the puppet itself; it encompasses all aspects of the creation of the puppet, and building the outfits COMPLETELY fits.

And, if I may put it less eloquently than Andrew has...

Put up or shut up, muppetinsider.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
"Muppetinsider", please pick one argument. Either it isn't worth the money or it's too far away or it isn't a puppet building job or Puppet Heap is the devil incarnate.
Is the numerical value of "Puppet Heap" 666? :stick_out_tongue:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Is the numerical value of "Puppet Heap" 666? :stick_out_tongue:
Cute. Cute joke. :smile:

While I'm not big on all of Puppet Heap's Muppet work, I think some of their other puppets are absolutely beautiful! They do some interesting things there.

Thanks for posting this, Andrew. If I were a little closer to the city, I might think about applying.

biblebetty

Reaction score
He's a grumpy little guy, Hey insider you need to lighten up:smile:

muppetinsider

Reaction score
LOL.. I love how everyone gets so mighty behind their keyboards on these forums.
Anyway, Puppet Heap does some ok work, nothing that exciting. And you're not going to get to "sew" or "glue" after they let you go after hot-gluing sequences onto fabric. Just doesn't work that way guys. It's a low-key gig, if you got nothing else to do, I guess give it a try, it's a couple of paychecks.
But hey, give it a shot; Best of luck to all!
:smile::smile::wink:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I don't mean to be rude, but to come on here and insult people for trying to share some puppet-related information, whether you feel strongly about Puppet Heap or not, isn't very nice.

I hope you will be able to get along with the forum members here in the future, but it would make it a more enjoyable experience for everyone if you were a little kinder in the way you say things, and try to avoid being exclusively negative.

MelissaY1

Reaction score
Notice MuppetInsider still hasn't answered the question about their puppet building experience to back up their argument.......:wink:

I think it's very cool that we have a forum like this to post jobs such as these out to the public. Most people wouldn't even know about half of these opportunities if people like Andrew weren't posting about them.

By the way, Andrew if you're reading, I visit your Puppet Blog site daily. I don't build puppets, or perform them, but I was a former intern at Henson and have a love for the art of puppetry so I enjoy reading about all facets of the industry and what other studios are doing.

practicecactus

Reaction score
LOL... Again, you guys don't see the point. Let me make it clear that it is NOT puppet building job, it is for costuming/draping. This is not about puppet building which is why it shouldn't even be in this thread to begin with.
It's here because people really wanting to get into this line of work might want to just do an artisan gig for a puppetry company, the same way film students might want to get work just being a grip on a movie set. It's experience with an already established company.

As for everything else you've said, I think this cat macro best sums up what everyone here is thinking.