What Would You Like to See on SST?

mbmfrog

Reaction score
I'd want to see Barkley, Alice, and Around the Corner return.:coy:
Amen, I mean while it was a bit too much, I grew up during the Around the Corner phase of the show and it was an enlighting experiience.

Still I would love of Alice to return, especially since Baby Bear has a sister of his very own.

I mean they could re-do the whole "Brothers and Sisters day" episode of the show, and even have Slimely and his sister Sloppy involved as well.

Reaction score
Bert & Ernie back in their apartment, as they should be. With Steve Whitmire & Frank Oz at the controls. :cool:

Carrie Underwood singing with a Muppet. I don't care if it's Big Bird, Zoe, Bert, Ernie,Abby or Elmo - the lady can sing any style of music.

Elmo's World - can ya call Mr. Noodle's brother Mr. Noodles? This way you can tell them apart.

More Cookie and Grover, and a little less Elmo.

mr3urious

Reaction score
I'd like Ivy Austin to sing at least one new song.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Bert & Ernie back in their apartment, as they should be. With Steve Whitmire & Frank Oz at the controls.
I'd tend to agree... but as much as I love Frank Oz, and how much I admire him and love his muppet work... I really think Eric Jacobson and Steve Whitmire have a much better chemistry.

And I would love to see new non-clay segments... but I want to see GOOD ones. The last bunch have been fun and entertaining enough, but they don't have that old school feel. Sometimes they feel very off center, and sometimes non-sequitor (a counting frog in breakfast oatmeal? Funny, but makes no sense). Even if they just reenact a classic segment.

Muppet Frog

Reaction score
It sounds like there's been a lack of Ernie in new material lately.

SSLFan

Reaction score
It sounds like there's been a lack of Ernie in new material lately.
I totally agree. Ernie and Bert have just been lacking, imo, in recent seasons period, not counting Great Adventures.

I really would love to see Ernie outside of SS though, making appearances. I don't know if Steve's schedule is that busy or whatever, but if not it shouldn't really be a problem since Eric is also available to perform Grover sometimes, so why not have Bert and Ernie make an appearance together. I was kind of upset they haven't really been appearing in any public events for the 40th aniversary.

It seems like they're so underrated these days.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I really would love to see Ernie outside of SS though, making appearances. I don't know if Steve's schedule is that busy or whatever, but if not it shouldn't really be a problem since Eric is also available to perform Grover sometimes, so why not have Bert and Ernie make an appearance together. I was kind of upset they haven't really been appearing in any public events for the 40th aniversary.
Makes me wonder about how busy Steve and Eric are with Disney. There has been a LOT of press for the TMS characters lately, and I wonder if any of that was why there haven't been all that many appearances by their respective characters this season. Seems even David Rudman's characters haven't been in every episode (he's the new Scooter and Janice, you know). Seems like there is a rise in TMS activity and a decline in appearance of any puppeteer that works on both of them.

Muppet Frog

Reaction score
Even though it's outisde of SS, I would like to see Kermit interacting with Zoe on a puppetry event or a Muppet Music & Magic event.

Muppet Frog

Reaction score
What I would like to see is Ernie interacting with girls often besides Prairie.

ISNorden

Reaction score
I'd like to see endings similar to the way they were before the format change: I miss the years when a character involved in the street story brought up the Things of the Day, or a cast member announced them in voice-over as the others went about their business. Working them into a clever visual gag (like Bert's birthday presents about 4-5 years ago) is even better....Following exactly the same format each time (Trash Gordon on another oddly themed planet, Abby Cadabby's memory problem, more of the same with Murray this season) gets boringly predictable, even for kids that age!