Hopes for The Muppet Show Season 4

Davina

Reaction score
would love to see Of Muppets and Men..
properly.. heh.. a former library had really old VHS copies of this (or part of it.. i don't remember..) but they were so badly degraded by the time I got hold of them that it was almost worse then not seeing them at all.. *sigh* would love a nice, clean copy of that special..

Son of Enik

Reaction score
Everyone has mentioned some great specials and classic stuff that definitely should see the light of day, either as extras on future TMS DVD releases or even as a collection all it's own. I especially agree with having some Sam & Friends clips, but I also would love to see the old Henson commercials, especially those for Wilkins' Coffee. Just a thought.

Gemini Draco

Reaction score
Hmmm... I would say that Ganzo would be on the cover of season 4. Seeing that it was Kermit, Miss Piggy and Fozzie, it just makes sense that it would be him. He is one of those "main" Muppets. I mean, personally, it would be awsome to see Floyd :sing: on the cover of a season, or Beaker :eek:. I would be getting my hopes too high to say Zoot :cool:. I mean, if any of the band members of the Electric Mayhem were to be on a cover, it would be Animal. Though, I know those are only my dreams.

As for the release date, I have to clue. Hopefully sometime this year.

It would be great to see those Muppet specials on DVD though, in the extras. Since, I have only just gotten into the Muppets again recently, I haven't yet bought any of the season, so I am not caught up on what the special features are.

animal0606

Reaction score
Season 4 I would say will be out early August 2009 the cover will be between Animal or Gonzo for sure.

:halo:

CBPuppets

Reaction score
I hope they put the Muppets Celebration of 30 years or of Muppets and Men on the set.

chuckecheese123

Reaction score
MINOR! animal is more famous than gonzo, rizzo, or pepe. First of all, on the muppet show season 3 box gonzo isn't even mentioned it just says that kermit, miss piggy, fozzie, and animal are the hardest working muppets in showbiz, and they were the only muppets on extreme makeover home edition he has his own page and stared in a bunch of videos on the muppets web site. Your right he is loved but he's also famous.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
MINOR! animal is more famous than gonzo, rizzo, or pepe. First of all, on the muppet show season 3 box gonzo isn't even mentioned it just says that kermit, miss piggy, fozzie, and animal are the hardest working muppets in showbiz, and they were the only muppets on extreme makeover home edition he has his own page and stared in a bunch of videos on the muppets web site. Your right he is loved but he's also famous.
Gee... Gonzo was part of the main trio in The Great Muppet Caper. Gonzo had was the narrator in The Muppet Christmas Carol. Gonzo played a crucial role in Muppet Treasure Island. Gonzo acted as producer/co-host of Muppets Tonight. Gonzo starred in his OWN movie in Muppets From Space. Gonzo played the Tin Thing in The Muppets' Wizard of Oz. Gonzo has HIS own page on Muppets.com. Gonzo was a key part of Studio DC and Letters to Santa.

Whereas... Animal had one or two quick character moments in GMC, one line in MCC, one line in MTI, appeared in about two episodes of Muppets Tonight, a few scenes in MFS, one or two lines in MWoO, and one scene in LtS.

I'm not saying I don't love Animal and that he's not a great character, because he really is. I'm just saying that Gonzo has obviously achieved more and has more depth as a character than Animal. He may not be as popular as Animal (though I can argue that he is), but he's definitely more deserving of the cover of TMS 4. I have no doubt that Animal will grace the cover of Season 5... but Gonzo deserves to appear before him.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Gee... Gonzo was part of the main trio in The Great Muppet Caper. Gonzo had was the narrator in The Muppet Christmas Carol. Gonzo played a crucial role in Muppet Treasure Island. Gonzo acted as producer/co-host of Muppets Tonight. Gonzo starred in his OWN movie in Muppets From Space. Gonzo played the Tin Thing in The Muppets' Wizard of Oz. Gonzo has HIS own page on Muppets.com. Gonzo was a key part of Studio DC and Letters to Santa.

Whereas... Animal had one or two quick character moments in GMC, one line in MCC, one line in MTI, appeared in about two episodes of Muppets Tonight, a few scenes in MFS, one or two lines in MWoO, and one scene in LtS.

I'm not saying I don't love Animal and that he's not a great character, because he really is. I'm just saying that Gonzo has obviously achieved more and has more depth as a character than Animal. He may not be as popular as Animal (though I can argue that he is), but he's definitely more deserving of the cover of TMS 4. I have no doubt that Animal will grace the cover of Season 5... but Gonzo deserves to appear before him.
I agree, Gonzo to me became a part of the main group once and for all in The Muppet Movie itself. Kermit, :embarrassed:, Miss Piggy and Gonzo all together in one car :smile:. While Animal may be more loved lately he still is more a supporting character (and that isn't always a bad thing)

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Animal's a supporting player who sort of achieved that Elmo style of popularity, hehe. I think Gonzo should go first because he's clearly a main player on Muppet Show, Muppet Movie and Great Muppet Caper. But I have no problem with Animal being next.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Animal and Gonzo and others...

Frank Oz stated that Animal is a simple, one-note sort of character. EAT! DRUMS! WOMAN! It's funny for fans, but it connects with non-fans and is easily marketable because no effort is required to understand his primal urges. Animal is a glorified and lovable background character with some great moments here and there. However, recently he's had a pension for bunny rabbits. This was initially created on a whim by Oz and is now being written into skits on Muppets.com. It does give the character a little more depth and growth. I'm curious to see where it goes.

Gonzo has had quite a personal journey. He is both a solid part of the Muppet cast while maintaining his status as a unique outsider. That's one delicate tightrope (especially when walking it while balancing a spoon full of pistachio ice cream on your beak and starfish in your trousers). Gonzo began as an innocent young weirdo with a lot of sadness and eventually grew into colorful self-acceptance. He now tempers his zany antics with that of an elder Muppet cast veteran.

Gonzo really is a robust character. Animal can sit out a performance without it being noticed very much, but when Gonzo is absent the void is great. That's the difference between the two. I love each character and find them to be indispensable. However, Animal is always an easier sell for key chains and tee-shirts. It would make sense for Animal to grace the cover of a Muppet Show box, but most longtime fans would appreciate seeing Gonzo, Scooter, Rowlf or even Floyd instead. :sing: