Hopes for The Muppet Show Season 4

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Everyone can have their own views on the characters, of course. I personally think Gonzo was best as the outsider weirdo. I don't always think characters' personalities should be changed so much, unless you're at the very end of the story (and obviously the Muppets continue). There's a difference between maturing and outright changing the position of a character. But that's just my opinion. :smile:

Frogboy is right, Animal is very marketable and that's why he's popular. However I don't really think of Animal as a one note character. I mean anyone could create a beastly sort of creature that yells "EAT!" But Animal isn't just a simple oaf, he's a crazed drummer in a rock band, who can play along with the group and loves the chicks, a la Keith Moon (whom he has been compared to). :halo:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I too prefer my Gonzo to be a bit wilder and of ambiguous origin as he was in his prime. Explaining the unexplainable will always be a let down. Well, and people and characters just get older - icon or not. It happens.

I have missed Animal and the rest of the Mayhem for a while. I'm glad they seem to be returning. Animal will always be a crowd pleaser, but going back and watching the old Muppet Show episodes - Floyd was featured quite a bit more. :sing:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I too prefer my Gonzo to be a bit wilder and of ambiguous origin as he was in his prime. Explaining the unexplainable will always be a let down. Well, and people and characters just get older - icon or not. It happens.
Yeah definitely. I'm just of the school that says icons don't always need to get older, unlike people. Look at The Simpsons. :wink:

I have missed Animal and the rest of the Mayhem for a while. I'm glad they seem to be returning. Animal will always be a crowd pleaser, but going back and watching the old Muppet Show episodes - Floyd was featured quite a bit more. :sing:
Well it is indeed an odd thing, often the amount of time a character has on screen has nothing to do with how popular they are. Audiences just latch on to them and see something the creators didn't. :halo:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I'm just imagining Floyd's fluffy eye brows and moustache on the cover of a TMS DVD set. Never happen, but fun to think about.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
These releases could come in a brown wrapper and I'd love them just as much as long as they were complete with no cuts. However, I still find it fun to think about what would look best on the cover. Here are some very crude comps I just slapped together. My favorites are Gonzo and Teeth.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Cool! I like the Sam one, his head's a good shape for it. And Animal looks like he's swallowing the words, lol. :attitude::halo:

Nick22

Reaction score
These releases could come in a brown wrapper and I'd love them just as much as long as they were complete with no cuts. However, I still find it fun to think about what would look best on the cover. Here are some very crude comps I just slapped together. My favorites are Gonzo and Teeth.
sweetness! how do u do that? it's sweet. i agree with u. Floyd looks pretty good too, but the bottom of his mouth is kinda cut off.

ploobis

Reaction score
NICE JOB ON THE COVER IDEAS! :smile:

JJandJanice

Reaction score
I would love to see characters like Janice or Rowlf get the cover, but I'm not betting on it.

My guess is Gonzo for season four, he's just too well known of a character to not have a cover. But I could see why they would choose Animal, he is very very popular for reasons already mention.

Although I have a feeling (and this is just a feeling) that the last season, season five, will have like a group photo.

Actually now that I think about it and when I typed that out, I just pictured it, and now I have a pretty neat idea for it. What if it was a group photo for season five, with all the favorite and well know Muppet from front and back of the DVD. It could look a little like this...
http://www.meltyourfaceoff.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/the-muppet-show.jpg
But add in Nigel, Beautiful Day Monster, Boppity, Snowths, Barkerville, some whatnots and more just all around the whole DVD set. I think that sounds a little cooler than the whole close up of a Muppet thing right now, but I would be totally happy if that was the case though all five seasons.