Original Muppet Whatnot Workshop now off-line

Status
Not open for further replies.

SesameStMuppets

Reaction score
I got mine today! It's a beautiful puppet. To put things into context, I have never built a puppet (outside of some socks and a pop bottle) - the puppets I own are almost all Muppets, a full bottle Ernie, some from Sesame Place, a Kermit and Animal from Sabbatoys - so this is my best and most detailed one. It's the blue one with a round purple nose, orange hair, a hoodie, and glasses. I'm very glad I spent the money to buy it, deffinetally reasonable for $90.

I am sad to say that the glasses are not plastic, but rather a hard cardboard covered by some kind of thick black leather (with white felt lenses and black felt pupils). Other than that I am totally pleased! I'm even considering to get another one (if not for the puppet, just the opportunity to have a second arm rod).

dmoss

Reaction score
So great to hear your opinion, SSM! I'm sorry to hear that the glasses are made that way, but think that it's funny that the eyes are on the front, outside of the glasses! Just like classic cartoon characters! :stick_out_tongue: This will definitely help me weigh my options when I sit down to get my own!

Glad you're happy with yours!

ploobis

Reaction score
I still can't wait to buy my own Whatnot! Heres what I'm gonna use for my Whatnot.

1. BLUE BODY

2. FLAT EYES WITH LIGHT BLUE EYELIDS

3. POINTED BLUE NOSE

4. BLACK POMPADOUR HAIR

5. LOUNGE JACKET

He's gonna look awesome! :wink:

TopperFraggle

Reaction score
I noticed that the Whatnots have a head with a neck sleeve that is seperate from the body, allowing the head to turn without automatically moving the body. A nice feature that I would not have expected! More finished pictures please!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Hi, what is the size like? Can you post a picture of you with your puppet so we can get an idea of scale? Does it work well for grown-up hands?

I got mine today! It's a beautiful puppet. To put things into context, I have never built a puppet (outside of some socks and a pop bottle) - the puppets I own are almost all Muppets, a full bottle Ernie, some from Sesame Place, a Kermit and Animal from Sabbatoys - so this is my best and most detailed one. It's the blue one with a round purple nose, orange hair, a hoodie, and glasses. I'm very glad I spent the money to buy it, deffinetally reasonable for $90.

I am sad to say that the glasses are not plastic, but rather a hard cardboard covered by some kind of thick black leather (with white felt lenses and black felt pupils). Other than that I am totally pleased! I'm even considering to get another one (if not for the puppet, just the opportunity to have a second arm rod).

SilhuetStudios

Reaction score
Originally, I had very high hopes for this, I live not too far from the city and am actually going down there on saturday, but when I saw the pics from stitchkingdom, my hopes dropped. The puppets look like they're made from regular fleece, and they look to be about on or just under par of puppets I've made in my own workshop out of fleece,for about a quarter the price, and as for hot glue, well that really doesn't appeal to me, I think I'll go down anyways and see if I can buy everything and put it on myself later. Oh well and ho hum.

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
Hi, what is the size like? Can you post a picture of you with your puppet so we can get an idea of scale? Does it work well for grown-up hands?
Hey Fozzie!

Someone earlier in the thread already said that it's a very tight fit for an adult hand. But I'd like to see pictures, too, to get an idea of the actual scale.

:stick_out_tongue:

Davina

Reaction score
it may vary based on your adult hand size, too.. some adults have large hands, others have smaller hands.. so knowing the hand size of the person making that previous comment would be helpful.. :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.