Original Muppet Whatnot Workshop now off-line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick22

Reaction score
i have a question. it has nothing to do with the whatnots, but its about puppets and i dont wanna start another thread about it. does anyone own any of the innova people puppets from puppet productions?

Jinx

Reaction score
Davina-

Remember that the primary function of these puppets is as toys for children. That they are quite nice puppets and are worthy of use for performers is a bonus. With that in mind, I would say that is is in no way a shame that the mouth "just opens and closes." The mouthplate is thin cardboad after all. And remember too that not all muppet mouthplates are capable of making alternate shapes (Ernie comes to mind).

Nick22

Really your question would be considered off-topic and it would be a better idea to post in the puppetry forum rather than here in the merchandise forum. You'll get more and better responses there.

aixia

Reaction score
I had to remove and reattach the glasses for mine, they were on crooked so the nose piece popped off center. A little hot glue and he was back in business. It's an easy enough fix, and it does allow you to pull the pieces off and reattach if necessary.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Does anybody have any new pictures they'd like to share? I really need something to tide me over until my Whatnot arrives. He's due to be here on Monday the 17th, but I'm hoping against hope that he'll be here by Friday or Saturday! I really can't wait to get him and make his eyes and nose interchangeable with some other parts I'm working on.

I ordered the smaller round eyes with magenta eyelids, anyone have a good suggestion for bigger eye's? All I have here is Wal-Mart's limited craft supplies, but I am going to the city next week, so there's Michaels, Ben Franklins, etc.

Cheers! Bring on the Whatnots!
:big_grin:
Anthony

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
So I checked my tracking link this morning and was happily surprised to see that my Whatnot was en route! He arrived later on this afternoon, but sadly I think I'm gonna try to return him.

When I placed my order, I looked all over the order page for a "special instructions" area, but there wasn't one. So immediately after I ordered, I sent them an e-mail requesting that the eyes & nose be unattached (like many others on here). I got a reply either the next day or the day after that, they said it wouldn't be a problem. What went wrong? Of course I'm only requesting a return cuz I'm a perfectionist & I gotta have my magic triangle. The triangle was right, but the eyes were too high for my liking, and a little crooked as well. Plus I was gonna attach some velcro so I could make other parts to mix & match as I please.

If you all are ordering & you want pieces unattached, be sure to check & double check while you're waiting for your order to ship.

Cheers,
:smile:
Anthony

muppetguy

Reaction score
Here is my NEW Muppet Whatnot, Daphney!

Hey everyone. I have had her for awhile now and just got around to taking pics of her. Her name is Daphney Darling and she is a showgirl with her on show in Las Vegas. Here she is./ I have to get around to posting a video of her performing. I hope you like her. I added a few quick changes to her. She now has a "chest area" and pink voluptuous lips (which I have to fix and stick on to her). Let me know what you guys think.:wink:

http://i485.photobucket.com/albums/rr216/frankiec_album/DSC00028.jpg

http://i485.photobucket.com/albums/rr216/frankiec_album/DSC00030-1-1.jpg

Daphney is very excited and is getting her fan website up....LOL.

muppetperson

Reaction score
Hmm, She doesnt seem to look muppety.maybe the lips are spoiling it because they dont follow the full width of the mouth and could be mistaken for a moustache and beard.Maybe she needs to be more femine, so I would of gone for a different nose.But it is your puppet, so whatever you are happy with.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I like her. The lips are a nice touch and there are endless options for hairstyles and accessories. Good job! Keep us posted. :smile:

muppetguy

Reaction score
Thank you.

Muppetguy, Maybe because the lip color is a light pink? I tried the full lips mouth and didn't like it. I rather the lips confined because in my eyes, it looks like she is kissing constantly/when you smoosh your lips together. (Not sure if this makes sense to anyone, maybe someone can explain it better). About the nose issue, I only like the round noses to be honest with you. I dislike the other shapes, it's only my oppinion though.

Frogboy, Thanks for the comments. I am trying to figure out which song to lip sync her to. My original idea was the song that Jessica Rabbit sings when we first meet the character in the ink and paint night club called, Why don't you do right" in the movie Roger Rabbit. Sorry for being so explicit on the movie, but someone where I work acctually didn't know who roger rabbit was...LOL. We will see. I just need some time to do it.

I'll keep you posted!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Muppetguy, Maybe because the lip color is a light pink? I tried the full lips mouth and didn't like it. I rather the lips confined because in my eyes, it looks like she is kissing constantly/when you smoosh your lips together. (Not sure if this makes sense to anyone, maybe someone can explain it better). About the nose issue, I only like the round noses to be honest with you. I dislike the other shapes, it's only my oppinion though.

Frogboy, Thanks for the comments. I am trying to figure out which song to lip sync her to. My original idea was the song that Jessica Rabbit sings when we first meet the character in the ink and paint night club called, Why don't you do right" in the movie Roger Rabbit. Sorry for being so explicit on the movie, but someone where I work acctually didn't know who roger rabbit was...LOL. We will see. I just need some time to do it.

I'll keep you posted!
Oh, I know Jessica Rabbit well. Not only is that one of my favorite films, but I have three production cels from the movie including Jessica Rabbit (she's with lipstick and mirror in hand in Eddie's office). Good choice for a song too! You probably know that was Amy Irving, Stephen Spielberg's x-wife, taking over the singing duties for Kathleen Turner by singing Jessica Rabbit's signature song. It's in my top ten film faves of all time.

Anyway, Daphney looks Muppety to me. :flirt:

Status
Not open for further replies.