Original Muppet Whatnot Workshop now off-line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davina

Reaction score
ooh.. good to know that.. wonder if the local target is still having their super huge clearance sale... hrm....

Davina

Reaction score
mine is supposed to show up on thursday... though the ups tracking is also showing it is coming ground... (which doesn't happen to Alaska..) even though FAO said it was coming 2 day Air (and has to to Alaska..)
currently shows as sitting in Lexington, KY...
we shall see....
am getting anxious...

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
It will be worth it once it comes. Still, I understand the UPS stress. :embarrassed:

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
I ordered one! I ordered one!

I was able to justify the purchase cuzza two things:

• 20% off (last day for that today)
• Mostly gonna use him to play with my Kid

My wife wanted to get me one for Christmas, but at the time it was too much of an expense during the pregnancy. Now though, taxes are on their way back to us, plus with the 20% off he only came to $92 and change.

I can't believe it let me order! I got the yellow boa hair and the red hoodie (heard it was gonna be discontinued, otherwise I woulda picked the Hawaiian shirt & lei).

Tatooey Rat

Reaction score
I received mine yesterday after having ordered it December 30th.

The craftsmanship is pretty dang good. The glue is strong and holds very well. You can see traces and remnants of it in the hairline, and where the eyes and nose are attached. But when they put my order together, they left a smudged dab of glue dry at the bottom of the right eye. As if they went to wipe off the excess and didn't realize they left it on. I don't want to fuss in getting it off as I worry about scratching the plastic.

The fabric is awesome. The eyes are very Henson. I love it.

The only disappointments, if you will, that I have are just a couple...

The pompadour hair is NOT pompadour. Not poofy at all. Its actually very flat, almost like a Caesar cut. I was just looking forward to the pompy hairstyle that the order I created online showed. That was almost immediate in noticing upon opening the box.

The other being the mouth. They didn't align the plastic reinforcement correctly that gives the shape and movement--- and as you can see in the open-mouth shot below--- it gives in a little on the puppet's right side.

Below are a couple shots of mine...

The fit up inside the puppet is very tight around the neck, but once your hand is up through there--- its all good. Its like new shoes--- you put them on a few times, it starts to break in.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tommyd79/3232559561/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tommyd79/3232556925/

Mister Hoggoth

Reaction score
I got mine the other day and am very happy with my What-Not. Does anyone know if they plan to extend the range with other body types or potentially monster types?

Thanks

DannyRWW

Reaction score
I ordered mine the first or second week of January. They said it wouldn't ship until feb. 22nd.

Status
Not open for further replies.