Vote!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Oh goodness.

I happen to be giving a big presentation on the candidates and some of the issues on Monday. I've been working on said presentation. I realized I needed a break, and so came on MC... to see this thread. I CAN'T ESCAPE IT! :stick_out_tongue:
Aw, lol. Sorry about the reminder, that's why I'm ignoring 24 hour news for awhile! I'll be glad when it's all over (probably not for either result. Just plain glad it's over!)

Good luck with the presentation! Good for you for keeping informed! :smile:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I realized I needed a break, and so came on MC... to see this thread. I CAN'T ESCAPE IT! :stick_out_tongue:
Yep. And this is one of the things we were taught never to discuss with other people... the other two being religion and The Great Pumpkin. :stick_out_tongue:

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Honestly, who cares! We could all probably tell what you are, but who cares? I mean what's your point? :confused:
Ha! I'm not a republican. Personally, McCain is not going to win this election.

But, that being said, I'm still not please with the democrats either. Both parties don't seem to get anything accomplished anymore.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
But, that being said, I'm still not please with the democrats either. Both parties don't seem to get anything accomplished anymore.
Honestly, both parties just want the votes. After that, they're done with us. They make that quite clear time and again.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
You know? I never said you were neither did I assume you were either. I'm just saying that I do know care if you are or not. I still like you as a person either way.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I just confirmed that my polling place is literally around the block. I don't even have to cross the street. It should take me under a minute from my front door to the line.

I have already gone through all the ballot initiatives. Man, there are so many - too many. It was pretty clear to me what they meant (i.e. which programs justify public funding, which measures protect the rights of all individuals and which policies will result in actual improvements). I did leave a few blank due to lack of opinion or insufficient options that rendered them moot. I don't feel the need to vote for the sake of voting. Blank is okay.

As for President, well we will never get the best of the best. The job attracts the narcissistic over the more thoughtful people out there. That's just the nature of centuries of politics. At least the charismatic guy will win and I hope he actually will improve the country's standing among citizens of the U.S. and internationally. He's got a better chance than the last fellow. Whatever the reasoning behind it, our current leader has dug himself (and all of us) a very deep hole.

We never know what the future holds so I'll reserve judgment for a while no matter who wins. The one thing we can be sure of is some voters will likely think they're voting for Dennis Haysbert from 24! :crazy:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Still searching for a third party candidate. :wink:
Ron Paul is a weenie for not running independent. Well, there's party unity for you... :coy:

Never say never. I bet ol' Dick Dastardly has a couple tricks up his sleave. Maybe more of those guilt by association commercials that the other side is too wimpy or too "above" to run.

That said, I want Obama to win, but I really wouldn't mind McCain if it weren't for that crackpot VP he chose. Though I still like her compared to Romney. What an oil drum he was....

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Speaking on the vice president, Joe Biden seems 100 times better there Sarah Palin. I'm all for a woman getting into the white house, as well as a black person holding the biggest job in the house. But Sarah Palin just seems like she doesn't know what's going on with foriegn affairs and what not, compared to Joe Biden.

But Palin is attractive though!

*Gives a Palin wink to Palin herself*

Drtooth

Reaction score
The opposite for me. Ever since Tina Fey started playing her, I even found Tina to be unattractive. She's THAT creepy.