Your Thoughts: Muppets Letters to Santa

What did you think of the "Letters to Santa" special?

• I loved "Letters to Santa".

Votes: 74 40.0%
  • "Letters to Santa" was good.

Votes: 71 38.4%
  • "Letters to Santa" was just so-so.

Votes: 27 14.6%
  • I disliked "Letters to Santa".

Votes: 13 7.0%

• Total voters

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I'm not saying I want movies to be accurate at every turn; I know that's not realistic, hehe. I'm just sick of movies being touted at the Oscars that aren't too deserving (pretty much oh, every year heh).

Even with a "cover", using an American accent in that situation comes off shotty to me.

But that's really off topic, lol.

Redsonga

Reaction score
I don't care about accents, I'd rather an actor that speaks well in the accent they have than ruin a good movie with a bad accent they don't have.

I have a good imagination, I don't need anything extra to picture someone as being German etc *But is also a Tom Cruise fangirl and should not be trusted to say something unbiased about him :wink:*

Davina

Reaction score
hehehe well, some films i feel should have better use of accents, others i don't care so much about... and, though i've certainly enjoyed a good many of TC's films.. he has never really had a good track record for doing accents well at all.... so, can deal with it...
and as long as they're consistant and "no one" has an accent (as opposed to some do some don't when they all should...) then i'm not going to complain too much...

Drtooth

Reaction score
So I've learned something new today:

Santa + British = Problematic
Yeah, I don't think it was the accent... Santa wasn't "Santa-y" enough for me. Though it was an interesting portrayal, not going by the standard "HO HO Ho!" type.

Java

Reaction score
I am a little late to the discussion and I haven't read every post, so I may be throwing this off topic by now, but I just wanted to put my two cents in the pot.

I had mixed feelings about this special. Mostly because it didn't have the muppety feel of my youth that I long to have back. Alas, I'm in my later twenty's and must accept the fact that the only way to have that feeling back is to watch the older specials of my time when I'm feeling the need to.

But at the same time I felt it was a good special and a good way to get the Muppets back into the stream through current children. Hopefully they won't wait to long to release more Muppet anything and bringing them back to today.

Yes, there is work to do but from this special I could tell that the base was there and if we let the executives know that we want it nurtured they will hopefully take the time to do that and we'll the characters come back fully into their own.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Mostly because it didn't have the muppety feel of my youth that I long to have back. Alas, I'm in my later twenty's and must accept the fact that the only way to have that feeling back is to watch the older specials of my time when I'm feeling the need to.
Hm, well I am only a year younger than you and I think it has that feeling (much more of it than many of the newer movies at least) so maybe it is more of a pov and mindset thing than an age thingie :smile:. And we aren't in our late 20's, it's mid, mid :big_grin:! Late is 27-29 :wink:. I'm not going to the old muppet fans home for a long while :3.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
so maybe it is more of a pov than an age thingie IMHO :smile:.
I agree; I have Muppet fan friends my own age who like some of the newer projects when I don't. No matter what the age, your pov has a lot to do with it. :smile:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I keep thinking that if it were possible to take VMX and LTS, stick them in a bag, shake it up and let the best moments of each rise to the top while leaving the rest out (i.e. the snarky tone vs vacuous story) that would make one frog of a Christmas special. I still liked both, but each is kind of one extreme. :wink: