Concern about Rowlf

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Anyway, I don't see why Rowlf is written out of things these days. :sympathy:
Could be that Baretta himself is being vocal on who he wants to perform in a special/tv feature.

Again with Baretta having a string of his own characters, I think it would be a good idea to get someone else to perform Rowlf and Dr. Teeth. Someone who has the same voice as Henson when he performed those two characters. That would give Baretta more with his characters like Pepe, Johnny, and Bobo.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Could be that Baretta himself is being vocal on who he wants to perform in a special/tv feature.

Again with Baretta having a string of his own characters, I think it would be a good idea to get someone else to perform Rowlf and Dr. Teeth. Someone who has the same voice as Henson when he performed those two characters. That would give Baretta more with his characters like Pepe, Johnny, and Bobo.
I think Barretta does a great job as Rowlf and Teeth.

GuySmileyfan

Reaction score

Well, there is one problem. Johnny Fiama and Sal hasn't been appeared since Muppets Wizard of Oz. And I think Bill can do it playing Rowlf and Dr. Teeth. They can keep Pepe and Bobo but I'm sure he can play more characters like other Muppeteers.

LamangoNumber2

Reaction score
Brians characters usually require Bill's help. Since Van Neuter doesn't appear, theres another puppet off of Bill's list.

Rowlf needs to become limelight again. Come on. He was the only one of the muppets that got Mike Nelson yelled at, over puppets and suit puppets, and tom servo yelled at Mike, calling Rowlf a MUPPET.

Face it. Disney may think Rowlf's musceling in on Pluto and Goofy's teretory. Not enough hydrants, Disney?

turkishproverb

Reaction score
Brians characters usually require Bill's help. Since Van Neuter doesn't appear, theres another puppet off of Bill's list.

Rowlf needs to become limelight again. Come on. He was the only one of the muppets that got Mike Nelson yelled at, over puppets and suit puppets, and tom servo yelled at Mike, calling Rowlf a MUPPET.

Face it. Disney may think Rowlf's musceling in on Pluto and Goofy's teretory. Not enough hydrants, Disney?
Well, he is the creme of the crop there.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
I think Barretta does a great job as Rowlf and Teeth.
I think he's been doing a so so job with those characters. The writers and maybe Bill don't use Rowlf or Dr. Teeth that much for what ever reason that seems to escape me. Rowlf showed up at the end and sang a line or two in the letters movie. Teeth and the band shipped out early on and came back at the end of the movie because of what again? I thought the Electric Mayhem were going out of town for the holidays in the movie?

Face it, until you see vast improvements with how the writers deal with Rowlf and Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem, they're not going to budge that much in getting screen time. When's the last time the Electric Mayhem sang a song in a special or movie? When's the last time Rowlf sang a song in a special or movie? When's the last time those characters were part of the plot in a special or movie?

I don't understand why the muppet guys are taking their time in bringing these characters, if they're trying to do that, back in the front of the pack. If you're going to do it, do it already and stop toying with the fans plain and simple.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I think he's been doing a so so job with those characters. The writers and maybe Bill don't use Rowlf or Dr. Teeth that much for what ever reason that seems to escape me. Rowlf showed up at the end and sang a line or two in the letters movie. Teeth and the band shipped out early on and came back at the end of the movie because of what again? I thought the Electric Mayhem were going out of town for the holidays in the movie?

Face it, until you see vast improvements with how the writers deal with Rowlf and Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem, they're not going to budge that much in getting screen time. When's the last time the Electric Mayhem sang a song in a special or movie? When's the last time Rowlf sang a song in a special or movie? When's the last time those characters were part of the plot in a special or movie?

I don't understand why the muppet guys are taking their time in bringing these characters, if they're trying to do that, back in the front of the pack. If you're going to do it, do it already and stop toying with the fans plain and simple.
LTS writer Scott Ganz explains in the recent MC interview, "Also, since we had to fit within an hour time slot, this special could only be 43 minutes long. That made it a challenge to get every character involved in the story. We wanted to do more with the Electric Mayhem and all our favorites, but unfortunately, a lot of the jokes we wrote for them had to be cut for time... but hopefully they'll make it onto the DVD."

There apparently was more. The EM need to be back singing and contributing.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
LTS writer Scott Ganz explains in the recent MC interview, "Also, since we had to fit within an hour time slot, this special could only be 43 minutes long. That made it a challenge to get every character involved in the story. We wanted to do more with the Electric Mayhem and all our favorites, but unfortunately, a lot of the jokes we wrote for them had to be cut for time... but hopefully they'll make it onto the DVD."

There apparently was more. The EM need to be back singing and contributing.

Here's a solution, instead of havign Rizzo and Pepe join in the plot of something with Kermit, Piggy, Fozzie, and Gonzo, scoot those two characters to the side and have Rowlf and Scooter take their place. It could be the original 6 like it was back in the 80's.

Example, instead of having Pepe and Rizzo with Kermit, Fozzie, and Gonzo in the letters movie flying to the north pole to give some letters to Santa, replace Rizzo and Pepe with Rowlf and Scooter. Oh but the writers did not think of that. Which brings me back with they need to make things happen instead of toying around with the fans.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
ryhoyarbie said:
Example, instead of having Pepe and Rizzo with Kermit, Fozzie, and Gonzo in the letters movie flying to the north pole to give some letters to Santa, replace Rizzo and Pepe with Rowlf and Scooter. Oh but the writers did not think of that. Which brings me back with they need to make things happen instead of toying around with the fans.
Yeah, because new fans know who Rowlf and Scooter are without introduction. Notice... NOWHERE in the movie was there a point made to really "introduce" the caharacters by name--they were all just there--and for a reason. Because poeple know who they are! People do not know/remember Rowlf and Scooter and the Electric Mayhem--at least not newer fans. And it will take time to reintroduce them (which is why a new show is the perfect new medium for the Muppets). You can't just toss in characters people don't know in a main, starring role and expect people to connect. Rizzo and Pepe already have an established fan-base. Rowlf and Scooter will if they get more screen time in small doses, but you can't just toss them in to the spotlight without reestablisthing them first.