Meet the Feebles on DVD?

Luke

Reaction score
As far as i knew, JHC didn't sue over 'Meet The Feebles' - there were some similarities but nothing that broke copyright.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Sounds like the movie gives puppetry a bad name.
You know, on the budget they had there are a good moments and the shot composition is nice. It's challenging to compose puppet shots. I got the drift that Jackson somehow admired the Muppets and made his crude version of them as a parody/indie art film. It all ends like a Scorsese picture. Not many Feebles make it. The movie is at best a guilty pleasure and at worst a mess that doesn't quite connect to viewers except to gross-out. The puppet building is sub-standard for the most part, but so many non-Henson puppets at that time were pretty terrible and that kind of was the point in this film. I recommend this picture to very few people, half of which flat-out hate it.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
lol, haha, this old thread? I was able to find this movie on DVD a few years back now.

CBPuppets

Reaction score
now if only these guys can be just as appropriate as the Muppets, then the movie would be worth watching.

CBPuppets

Reaction score
a variety show called "Meet The Feebles"

Actually I read that the name of the show was "The Feeble Variety Hour."

CBPuppets

Reaction score
You Know,

I Just Saw A Video Clip Of The Film.

It Was The Opening theme for there show and everything went wrong, you know guns & Puppets heads blowing up with fake blood & Meat coming out.

:boo: I gotta admit, I never saw anything like that before.

:sleep: With any luck we'll never see anything like that again!
(DOHOHOHOHOHOHO!)

(sorry I had to get that out of my system)