if the gorgs had their own singing part in the theme...

Redsonga

Reaction score
*shrugs* It depends on which view of the Gorgs one takes. One second, they could appear as violent attackers to the Fraggles (Junior in the earlier episodes) and the next, they could befriend the very creatures they were trying to thump (Junior in the later episodes).
I really don't see it as lasting as a perfect peace forever...to them I think it is like having mice, you forget about them if you have bigger troubles and you might even be 'nice' to them by letting them run wild, but I don't see gorgs as having long memories about things that aren't about gorgs. They are like many humans, self important and forgetful about rights when it doesn't suit them (expect for Junior, who I think would stay nice to them). In my version of FR they go from plain thumbing to doing experiments on them and charting them like animals on a nature show because Jr's wife sees it as more 'civilized' and humane.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
wwfpooh said:
*shrugs* It depends on which view of the Gorgs one takes. One second, they could appear as violent attackers to the Fraggles (Junior in the earlier episodes) and the next, they could befriend the very creatures they were trying to thump (Junior in the later episodes).
From the action during the opening, it's very clear he's just an overexuberant critter collector, like many boys (and me, but I'm a tomboy :big_grin:).

I think the change is less about Junior than it is the FRAGGLES' perception of Junior. Look at Mokey's Funeral. Junior never wanted to kill anyone. His parents might have (though Ma is more inconsistent than Pa), but Junior was always just a thoughtless kid when it came to other creatures.

It's the FRAGGLES, beginning with Mokey, I think, who start to see the Gorgs, especially Junior, in a different light as the episodes wear on. THEY were the ones who feared getting killed. How many Fraggles have been killed by Gorgs? Most outrun them, and the ones that DO get "thumped" just end up in bandages later.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Think of this, if you were thumped but could still walk would you wait around to see what comes next past the point of bandages? I know I wouldn't...
*whispers* I really think the gorgs use to eat them (and might, still)..but then I think many things still do..Fraggles seem like one of those things, like rabbits, that if left to themselves would have a lot more than 10,000 + of their kind in the whole world :wink: *eyes Boober*...

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Redsonga said:
Think of this, if you were thumped but could still walk would you wait around to see what comes next past the point of bandages? I know I wouldn't...
If you were too slow to avoid getting thumped, how does having a broken leg make you faster? :big_grin:
*whispers* I really think the gorgs use to eat them (and might, still)..but then I think many things still do..Fraggles seem like one of those things, like rabbits, that if left to themselves would have a lot more than 10,000 + of their kind in the whole world *eyes Boober*...
Out of EVERY dish we've ever heard of that the Gorgs make ... at what point do we ever hear "meat"? The most I've seen is including eggs (since Junior wanted one and I don't think you can make cakes and stuff without them). Gorgs may be omnivores, but we only see them eat vegetarian stuff. Have we EVER seen them chomp down on some meat?

Just because the Fraggles ASSUMED Gorgs ate Fraggles doesn't mean they DO.

Redsonga

Reaction score
If you were too slow to avoid getting thumped, how does having a broken leg make you faster? :big_grin:
It doesn't mean you still couldn't get away if you were smart enough :wink:. And like I said if I could in anyway, I would rather than see what might happen next...

Out of EVERY dish we've ever heard of that the Gorgs make ... at what point do we ever hear "meat"? The most I've seen is including eggs (since Junior wanted one and I don't think you can make cakes and stuff without them). Gorgs may be omnivores, but we only see them eat vegetarian stuff. Have we EVER seen them chomp down on some meat?
Just because they never talk about it in the show doesn't mean it couldn't have been a part of their diet we just never saw. I mean someone who always misses the night a silly creature family eats fish might think we never eat it when we do :3. And even if we eat fish we don't make a daily habit of talking about it (at least all the people I know don't...)

*Always found it funny that the 'eggs' fraggles cook with are actually gourds*

Just because the Fraggles ASSUMED Gorgs ate Fraggles doesn't mean they DO.
And it doesn't mean they don't, or didn't in the past..Stewed fraggles tell no tales:eek: