Favorite Fraggle?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Oh yes, well the 'wear flowers in your hair' part *lol* I guess being a native Californian and hearing some very awful first hand accounts from my ma I sort of have a knee jerk reaction to the label, since both my parents lost friends who were hippies (even though they weren't themselves....
I'd almost call Mokey a 2nd generation flower child or even more a beatnik than hippie, since she likes to talk about dark things in a romantic way:coy:
Aw yeah I'm sorry, I do understand. It definitely wasn't all flowers and peace; there was too much irresponsibility. I mean though that at the time artists like Jim Henson sort of half adapted the hippie thing in the late '60s, early '70s (without the dropping out of society thing and responsibility thing heh). Growing your beard and hair long was a big deal back then for guys. Unfortunately, people like that were often stereotyped with the negative label, like when he was mistaken for a Weatherman terrorist by Joan Ganz Cooney.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Aw yeah I'm sorry, I do understand. It definitely wasn't all flowers and peace; there was too much irresponsibility. I mean though that at the time artists like Jim Henson sort of half adapted the hippie thing in the late '60s, early '70s (without the dropping out of society thing and responsibility thing heh). Growing your beard and hair long was a big deal back then for guys. Unfortunately, people like that were often stereotyped with the negative label, like when he was mistaken for a Weatherman terrorist by Joan Ganz Cooney.
Oh believe me, the long hair for guys is not even an issue when I think of it, I like long hair on guys:flirt: (but that is beside the point)...
I still say Mokey= beatnik, with Cantus being like the first leader of a new age movement/commune type thingie..and the rest of the minstrels being semi-hippies..At least that's how it makes sense to me as a fan :3.
Mokey's a little bit too nice to be able to keep any sort of a movement going once she starts it...Thank goodness they went back to eating doozer bulidings :excited:

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
Oh believe me, the long hair for guys is not even an issue when I think of it, I like long hair on guys:flirt: (but that is beside the point)...
I still say Mokey= beatnik, with Cantus being like the first leader of a new age movement/commune type thingie..and the rest of the minstrels being semi-hippies..At least that's how it makes sense to me as a fan :3.
Mokey's a little bit too nice to be able to keep any sort of a movement going once she starts it...Thank goodness they went back to eating doozer bulidings :excited:
So you like long hair eh? *Strokes his hair* Then maybe we're compatible....
Lo l:cool:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Mokey's a little bit too nice to be able to keep any sort of a movement going once she starts it...Thank goodness they went back to eating doozer bulidings
Hehe yeah me too, it's just that the hair thing was a big deal for the hippie movement. Boys enjoyed not being told how to look for once. That was one positive aspect of the movement. And it was wrong for Jim Henson to be judged for adapting some parts of the hippie movement, just because other members of the movement were flawed.

We can all have our own interpretations of characters of course, hehe. Beatnik sort of fits because they were into darker poetry, like Mokey. I can see that. Still, not everything about the Beatniks was good, just like the Hippies. In the end, there's good and bad about both groups. But I don't mind labeling the character as either. :smile:

Redsonga

Reaction score
So you like long hair eh? *Strokes his hair* Then maybe we're compatible....
Lo l:cool:
*blushes*
Voice over:
"Uh oh, looks like Redsonga's skipped a groove again..."

Annnnyway...

And it was wrong for Jim Henson to be judged for adapting some parts of the hippie movement, just because other members of the movement were flawed.
Of course not, but I think even then you didn't even have to be a part of any movement back then, like the fraggles where it is just a part of there culture :excited:

But I idolize Mokey for being able to sing so well, she has the sort of voice I've always wanted to be like in all my years of choir. For some reason they didn't show any of her episodes when I was little, or I would have been a fan then. If they had I just know I would have been singing those songs everywhere, like I did with my other singing idol at the time Anne-Marie from All Dogs Go to Heaven:excited:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Of course not, but I think even then you didn't even have to be a part of any movement back then, like the fraggles where it is just a part of there culture
Well hehe I may be skeptical, but I think every generation claims to encourage individuality, only to persecute anyone who tries. :wink:

But all I really mean to say is there are good and bad things about any group, and I don't mind labeling someone a hippie if I feel they have some of the good. (And the FR creators didn't mind either. Not that that's why I say this.)

But anyway, I admit I wasn't as into Mokey as a kid; I thought she was too serious or something. But now I really like her free spirited-ness and yet willingness not to take herself too seriously. :smile:

Reaction score
Mine is Wembley. He is just so cool and funny.:coy:
Then Gobo,Red,Boober,Mokey.:smirk::excited:

Mokey just always seems like she is high on something.

I remember when i was little i saw a fraggle rock commercial on some VHS and it was the intro sequence. When it showed Junior grabbing Gobo i was so scared of the Gorgs and the show. I am now liking the show.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Mine is Wembley. He is just so cool and funny.:coy:
Then Gobo,Red,Boober,Mokey.

Mokey just always seems like she is high on something.
But she isn't. Some people actually just have that dreamy personality. I have an aunt that is a lot like her and she never touched drugs. She makes up songs and wears odd bright colors and tries to make up games for everyone to do at the family gatherings. But she is so nice about it hardly anyone joins in :stick_out_tongue:. It has a lot to do with that generation I think, a certain mellowness:excited:. I guess you have to be around it in real life more to really understand it, but it really isn't just a 'high' thing :smile:.

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
But she isn't. Some people actually just have that dreamy personality. I have an aunt that is a lot like her and she never touched drugs. She makes up songs and wears odd bright colors and tries to make up games for everyone to do at the family gatherings. But she is so nice about it hardly anyone joins in :stick_out_tongue:. It has a lot to do with that generation I think, a certain mellowness:excited:. I guess you have to be around it in real life more to really understand it, but it really isn't just a 'high' thing :smile:.
Well, somebody has had a few too many Doozer sticks....

After watching FR today, I think that Wembley has cemented himself into my top spot. He is just such a funny character, and he works with almost all of the other Fraggles really well comic-wise.:coy:

Kiki

Reaction score
Well, somebody has had a few too many Doozer sticks....

After watching FR today, I think that Wembley has cemented himself into my top spot. He is just such a funny character, and he works with almost all of the other Fraggles really well comic-wise.:coy:
Yeah, Wembley is definately a humourous character, prolly the funniest on the show, IMHO, along with Junior Gorg. I don't consider FR a comical show, though. It can be funny in subtle way sometimes, though. If Frank Oz was on the show performing he'd make it a lot more funnier. That's my opinion, anyway. :smile: