Any word on a seperate Complete Season 4 release

Redsonga

Reaction score
I've always thought that you don't need anything extra when there is so much radish/vegetable based you could do with fraggles :smile:. Mix that with music and they sell themselves IMHO. Maybe the world just needs a reminder how wonderful braking into song can be?

Drtooth

Reaction score
On another note, I hope the new Henson licenses go to a company with above board strategies. The Fraggle Rock DVD set bait and switch was not in the Fraggley spirit. The Mindstyle folk promoted the idea of Fraggle figures but never delivered. I think the Fraggle brand speaks for itself. It doesn't need a gimmick. :smirk:
I still think most of the problems stem from the rumors that the Fraggle Rock film was to be released this year. You know, the ones made a while back (2007 or so) when we got word it was being considered and written. Unfortunately, only we knew that they only wrote the treatment. But somehow, I guess Mindstyle and HIT thought the movie was coming out by 2010... so S4 and the toys would be released to coincide with the movie. The movie ain't coming out until 2011 at the earliest if things go smoothly, and now Mindstyle and Hit's licenses expired. Still think it was butt backwards to release the complete series BEFORE they released S4.... a complete series would have been perfect to coincide with the movie... more so than a hold out single season.

Remember when FR S3 was released? One of the original bonus features was a sneak peak of the movie? Something tells me that's the reason why they wanted to delay it. And when it wasn't coming soon enough, Hit dropped the license (and possible Mindstyle). At least that's the impression I'm under. I'm still a bit skeptical about this new company. I don't even like the name of it... sounds too generic.

wemblingalong

Reaction score
True it does sound generic, but I wasn't impressed with Hit at all. Many of the DVDs released by them were a disappointment. As for the 4th season not being available separately that was just awful! I'm glad people from all over sounded the Fraggle horn and boycotted the boxed set in peaceful protest. :smirk:

JJandJanice

Reaction score
True it does sound generic, but I wasn't impressed with Hit at all. Many of the DVDs released by them were a disappointment. As for the 4th season not being available separately that was just awful! I'm glad people from all over sounded the Fraggle horn and boycotted the boxed set in peaceful protest.
Yeah but the thing is it really doesn't matter if people "boycotted" the box set (I didn't I was totally happy to get it for christmas, :excited:) cause whether it sold though the roof or didn't sell very much at all, it was still the end of the contract between Hit entertainment and Henson.

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
Yeah but the thing is it really doesn't matter if people "boycotted" the box set (I didn't I was totally happy to get it for christmas, :excited:) cause whether it sold though the roof or didn't sell very much at all, it was still the end of the contract between Hit entertainment and Henson.
Right. And HIT likely knew it wouldn't be renewed, so they turned greedy. Considering the circumstances and the calendar, I'm pretty sure they were never going to release Season 4 once they decided to do the complete series. Not even their ill-informed customer service reps got wind of anything different that time.

And now it's up to Henson.

Drtooth

Reaction score
True it does sound generic, but I wasn't impressed with Hit at all. Many of the DVDs released by them were a disappointment. As for the 4th season not being available separately that was just awful! I'm glad people from all over sounded the Fraggle horn and boycotted the boxed set in peaceful protest. :smirk:
Again... they did perfectly well until the end of the license when they got greedy and lazy. Mostly lazy (and I wouldn't doubt Lionsgate pushed them into screwing up the DVD release... if anyone pays attention to how Lionsgate releases DVDs, you would know what I'm talking about). I'm still dumbfounded that a distribution company needs a distribution company (what's that about?) But in the several years Hit was doing the Fraggles we saw merchandise and DVD's... very well thought out DVD's with amazing bonus features no other company would do for a show that didn't just come out. The fact we didn't get Mokey and Matt plushes was more the fault of the retailers not wanting to continue to stock them. prototypes were made, so the toy company and Hit wanted to get them out.

And, also the movie... everyone thought the movie was to come out this year, and I'm guessing the delays the movie has come through have killed most of the other projects (the Mindstyle toys for one).

Fluffets

Reaction score
Now I know I haven't made a new post on this thread in a fair while and I'll sound like a complete idiot saying this (tiring day) but this isn't making the dvds come any faster so it would help to really mostly post updates but then again I'm not The Count or anyone so I'm not in charge, I'll probably regret saying this lol.:smile:

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Now I know I haven't made a new post on this thread in a fair while and I'll sound like a complete idiot saying this (tiring day) but this isn't making the dvds come any faster so it would help to really mostly post updates but then again I'm not The Count or anyone so I'm not in charge, I'll probably regret saying this lol.
Ok man I don't want to rude or nothing, but there isn't going to be any updates. I mean I truly believe that if you're just going to wait for a season four release, well honestly I think you're in for a loooong wait. Don't get me wrong, I can't blame you, it's a total bummer that we all paid hard earned money for the first three seasons only not to get a seperate season four. But still I enjoyed what Hit entertainment was doing for the time being.

It really doesn't matter what is posted on this thread, right now there is no such thing as a season four update and truthfully it really doesn't look like their will be anytime soon.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Now I know I haven't made a new post on this thread in a fair while and I'll sound like a complete idiot saying this (tiring day) but this isn't making the dvds come any faster so it would help to really mostly post updates but then again I'm not The Count or anyone so I'm not in charge, I'll probably regret saying this lol.:smile:
I third that.... this has just become a "Let's bash Hit, despite the fact we wouldn't even have had so much as a single 3 episode release on DVD without their initial vision." thread. It's all but closed now.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
I third that.... this has just become a "Let's bash Hit, despite the fact we wouldn't even have had so much as a single 3 episode release on DVD without their initial vision." thread. It's all but closed now.
Totally agree with that point.

But all I'm saying is if we all just leave this thread as an "updates only" thread, than it won't get any posts for a long while.