Will the Sesame Street gang meet the new president?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
With all the videos about how to talk to kids about deployment, I wonder if they would ever address the recession or lack of jobs. A lot of people are starting to be effected. Kids do have to see their parents getting stressed out and worrying about their future.

Again, I don't want to see Obama on Sesame Street ever, heh. But it would be interesting if such a thing were to be addressed.

Drtooth

Reaction score
With all the videos about how to talk to kids about deployment, I wonder if they would ever address the recession or lack of jobs. A lot of people are starting to be effected. Kids do have to see their parents getting stressed out and worrying about their future.
"Mommy... what happened to all that money we got from the tax cuts? Mommy? Didn't they say the economy was great a year ago? Mommy?" :big_grin:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
"Mommy... what happened to all that money we got from the tax cuts? Mommy? Didn't they say the economy was great a year ago? Mommy?" :big_grin:
Lol, exactly. Personally, I'd like to teach my kids that the government isn't always going to solve your problems, no matter which party is in office, hehe.

muppet baby

Reaction score
I personally don't want to see him, but I can understand why others would. :smile: If it happens, I'd want them to talk about people needing jobs, since that's what people are looking to him most right now.
i totally agree with you on all of this , if he did come on i would love for him to talk about work and such . That would be neat .

Talking different jobs would be cool even if the new presdent did not come and do that it would be a good subject for someone else to come on and do .

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Talking different jobs would be cool even if the new presdent did not come and do that it would be a good subject for someone else to come on and do .
Definitely, because it's often an issue for the inner city and now in many other places with the recession.

StreetScenes

Reaction score
i don't think a political figure would be the way they'd talk about recession, because that's not how kids experience it. i think they'd do it through a character losing a job and the effect on the family, the psychological impact on the parent who lost the job, and the things that don't change--like it's not the parent's fault and that the family still loves one another and works together to get through it. good idea, though, that topic is relevant to kids and parents and it would make a great episode.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
i don't think a political figure would be the way they'd talk about recession, because that's not how kids experience it. i think they'd do it through a character losing a job and the effect on the family, the psychological impact on the parent who lost the job, and the things that don't change--like it's not the parent's fault and that the family still loves one another and works together to get through it. good idea, though, that topic is relevant to kids and parents and it would make a great episode.
You know what I agree, it should be presented, first and foremost, as a family issue. Finding out your parent has lost his/her job is a very unsettling experience, especially if your life style has to then change in some way. Children do need to see families working together and keeping hope strong. :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Lol, exactly. Personally, I'd like to teach my kids that the government isn't always going to solve your problems, no matter which party is in office, hehe.
They may not be the solution to your problems, but chances are they could be the source of them. :big_grin: