Fraggle Pairings

Redsonga

Reaction score
Since the other topic on this is as old a doozer towers made out of mushrooms I decided to start a new one : ).

Everyone probably knows I ship Cantus/Mokey as well as Mokey/Boober (not only because both work to me but because Cantus is much older, and it seems more realistic that way. I don't see many characters re-marry in...any fandom really :confused:).
Mokey and Boober just makes me melt into a gooey puddle:flirt:

I am also a great follower of the Red/Gobo faith :3. They fight so well their love would have a passion behind it I think :smile:.

For Wembley..I will leave that one unsaid for now:coy:.

Other pairings I support that I have never seen anywhere else have to be old! Uncle Matt/ old! Storyteller Harriet, Murray/Brio and, my favorite, Marlon/Tosh (trust me, it is cuter than it sounds^.^)

alyteima

Reaction score
Y'know, I don't mind if people pair up the fraggles, the potential is certainly there and I love other Muppet pairings like Kermie and Piggy :flirt: But I don't like it when the pairings override the friendship aspect which it so often does. That's just me, I've always preferred friendship fics to romantic ones though pairing fics are way more popular in any fandom.

Heaven knows I adore your fics because you actually walk that fine line between friendship and pairings, without leaving one or the other out (snorgles sweet, love-lorn Wembley, heh) but so many authors can't walk that line. So I guess I'd rather just have plain old friendship.

I agree with Gobo and Red, the passion and competition always makes me laugh. Mokey? Hmm, I can see her with Boober because of the affection you always see in the series. But Boober and Tosh is cute too, or Wembley and Lou, hee.

Its all adorable:big_grin:

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Hm...

In terms of just the show, Red/Gobo and Mokey/Boober are the most obvious. I've been watching the earlier seasons of my new complete set and forgot just how blatant both relationships were. I'm entertained with Matt/Storyteller ... but Matt is basically Ash Ketchum ... he couldn't requite a relationship if his life depended on it. :wink: Also, and I know I disgusted Redsonga with this idea (so I'll do it again, LOL), but I bet Convincing John gets more than just backup singing with the Fragglettes (ROFL). And the only pair with overt marriage is Ma and Pa. As often as they "frolic", I'm surprised Junior doesn't have a dozen siblings by the end of the series. :smile:

Now, outside of the more obvious ones, I like Wembley and Tosh ... though I think they're both too young for serious relationships. I had also been a big supporter of Doc/Ardath.

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
I think Red and Gobo's relationship is hilariously awesome (they are so determined to one-up the other in anything under the rock :wink:), and I'm more than open to it becoming, as some would say, "something more." I have this really annoying habit of pairing characters up even when I don't mean to :stick_out_tongue:

For some reason I have difficulty pairing Wembley up with anyone. I think he'd be best suited for an "outside" Fraggle that we haven't met.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Also, and I know I disgusted Redsonga with this idea (so I'll do it again, LOL), but I bet Convincing John gets more than just backup singing with the Fragglettes (ROFL).
Ack! ACK! Unclean..unclean :confused:! It's not that I have anything against the pairing (Gorgs a little part of me thinks that Brio is with both Murray and Brool, being as I have this reasoning about fraggle culture that I can't talk about here I don't think) it's just..The good thing about having a good imagination..you can picture things in detail..the bad thing..you can picture things in detail :confused:

Heaven knows I adore your fics because you actually walk that fine line between friendship and pairings, without leaving one or the other out (snorgles sweet, love-lorn Wembley, heh) but so many authors can't walk that line. So I guess I'd rather just have plain old friendship.
I've always thought that you don't have to give up one for another, and unlike humans fraggles hearts seem bigger and more able to be filled with all levels of feeling at the same time without missing a beat :smile:.
*hee* Poor Wembley. The last story in my series is being written pretty much just for him :smile:.
I've been watching the earlier seasons of my new complete set and forgot just how blatant both relationships were.
I actually was not a follower of the Mokey/Boober until I started to really notice just about everywhere in the show itself...Red and Gobo may kiss now and then, but Boober is pretty much glued to Mokey everytime they are in a group together when she talks. It is just so darling :3! And it is not just like with Wembley where she is a mother figure, you can really feel an extra layer of something there :3.

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
I actually was not a follower of the Mokey/Boober until I started to really notice just about everywhere in the show itself...Red and Gobo may kiss now and then, but Boober is pretty much glued to Mokey everytime they are in a group together when she talks. It is just so darling :3! And it is not just like with Wembley where she is a mother figure, you can really feel an extra layer of something there :3.
So, they kissed more than once? I only remember that one episode where Red kisses Gobo on the cheek, and he goes "Wow!" :3

If anything rewatching the episodes (I got the complete set for my birthday so I got the urge to do so) is making me see how touchy-feely the Fraggles can be with each other (or in the "main five" at least). They're constantly touching each other on the back, or hugging, or some such.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Oh yes, it was more than once...and I think fraggles are just naturally touchy, most of all if they grew up together (which I think the main five did :3)

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Personally, I'd like to see Mokey and Junior have some more interaction to see what happens. I know the age was off, but they had a sort of nurturing connection, lol.

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
That would be kind of cute :smile:

I wonder why there aren't any other Gorgs around? There's Junior and his family, but they claim there's nobody around for them to "rule." So where are the others? Miles away in some kind of Gorg city, while they live in the "countryside"?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I always thought of it as the Gorgs went exist but Pa and Ma Gorg are just too clueless to accept the reality that their rule is over.