1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Fraggle Pairings

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by Redsonga, Mar 18, 2009.

1. Redsonga Active Member

I see him catching on..or rather, her finally catching him :3. But back then, I don't think so. But then everyone knows how my version of that goes:flirt:
  2. bazooka_beak Active Member

Yeah, it'd probably be more likely that she'd just kinda "claim him" and he'd be "persuaded" to go along with it ;)
  3. Redsonga Active Member

Canes can be very heavy persuaders:coy:
  4. SwordKing New Member

I acknowledge the logic behind Gobo/Red, it's a good pairing. But personally I'd rather see Gobo/Mokey. In the episode "Mokey's Funeral", Gobo laments never being able to tell Mokey something. I'm not certain, but I think there were other subtle hints in other episodes about Gobo and Mokey's feels for each other.

I should probably go watch the DVDs and refresh my memory before I say anything else.
  5. RedPiggy Well-Known Member

You're right. He does seem very depressed when he thinks Mokey's dead. I think he thought about being with Mokey because Red got on his nerves. However, he spends way more time with Red and I think he "settled" on her, particularly since Boober really wants Mokey.
  6. Fluffets New Member

I'd say (and this might seem obvious) Mokey + Cantus. Soon I shall watch more fraggle rock episodes as I don't have much but in one of the episodes I HAVE seen it was when the minstrels came back and Mokey wanted to join them and it seemed she cared for Cantus a lot, not just the minstrels so thats a good enough sign for me! =D
  7. Fluffets New Member

Lol picture postcards. Is that meant to be some Travelling Matt reference or something? Thats the first thing that came to my mind upon hearing it.;):)
  8. RedPiggy Well-Known Member

I think Cantus returns the favor. I mean, it's not like he goes around inviting anyone else. Throughout the entire series, Mokey's the only one to get an "audition".
  9. bazooka_beak Active Member

I finally finished season four, and Storyteller really does have it quite bad for Uncle Matt. It's like everybody knows it (and is weirded out by it) but him :p Talk about a thick skull.

People can ship what they want, but I feel that Mokey is really more of an older sister/mother figure to them and it would feel weird for me personally to ship her with, say, Wembley. I just have it in my head to ship Gobo/Red and nothing else fits as well. I can't remember if there was an episode where Red was presumed dead (there was the cavein episode but it wasn't focused directly on her), so I don't know what Gobo would think/say about it.
  10. RedPiggy Well-Known Member

well, that's really the only one they dwelt on most, aside from the gorgs
  11. Redsonga Active Member

Yes, sort of. It is like Gobo is teasing about the fact that Red always disliked the post cards, and if she is going to leave to become a star he still loves getting them ;). The line "I don't know how to answer so I always smile and say, send me picture postcards..."
    pretty much is how I think their teasing/fighting/contests would turn into a more gentle day to day thing :3..Gobo at least I could see getting more mellow:coy:
    I think to find the more thoughtful sort of fraggle is a rare thing, so when they find another of their 'kind' they have a way of grouping together so that they don't go crazy from no one truly 'getting' them :3.
  12. SwordKing New Member

After watching the entire first season...

- Gobo and Red act more like surrogate siblings than anything else.

- One could use "New Trash Heap in Town" to make a strong case for Gobo/Mokey. Particulary that heart-to-heart were Gobo helped Mokey see the error of her ways.

- The only truly established pairings, however, are Pa Gorg/Ma Gorg and Wembley/Lou.
  13. Fluffets New Member

Another note: Remember that in the Sidebottom episode he does particularly compliment both the girls of the fraggle 5. Saying "Mokey you look ravishing." and "Oh red meeting you is beyond my wildest dreams!". So thats a theory although its a bit unclear whther it was supposed to mean anything but if I got my quotes right then still I could be on to something. After all Sidebottom is just a part of Boober so that might be a hint :)......
  14. Redsonga Active Member

The thing is a strong case for many pairings can be made if the whole series is taken into account ;). I see Gobo/Mokey as more of a crush that never goes away but might never go anywhere ether. It's funny how fighting like cats and dogs can sometimes mean more...
    Even if canon only gives so much this topic is more of a what if:).
    Wembley/Lou would be more real to me if it had seemed to last for more than an episode. After all in 'A Tune for Two' Lou picks someone else to sing with and acts like she doesn't even care Wembley is crying by himself :sympathy: Not a good best friend IMHO...
    *lol* One for Mokey maybe (let us not forget Sidebottom Blues to *epic flinging* ), since Sidebottom could just as well be talking about how Red annoys his other half so much with being silly she might be a legend he learns from (Sidebottom has a thing for not only doing things Boober wants to do but in the best way that makes him feel/uncomfortable bad while doing it after all... )
  15. SwordKing New Member

But my point is Gobo and Red don't fight like cats and dogs. They fight like brother and sister.
  16. Redsonga Active Member

*lol* It's only an expression:excited:. Anyway, there is room to see all their relationships in different lights...
    I know the only boys I ever took the time to fight with like I was their sister (when I wasn't) were those I had a crush on:coy:. So, since Red reminds me of myself at the target (but not only) viewing age for FR I tend to pair them :)
    Call me crazy or a hopeless romanic, I know I am both :3
  17. When it comes to Fraggle pairings I'm all for Mokey/Boober, but I'm surprised no ones bought up and Doozers pairings like Cotterpin/Wrench.
  18. bazooka_beak Active Member

^ I like the Cotterpin/Wrench pairing, it's really cute :)
  19. I was watching season 4 episode Sidebottom's Blues and Sidebottom who everyone thought was Boober throw himself backwards into Mokey's arms and say to her in a suggestive voice that she'll learn love the new him.
  20. RedPiggy Well-Known Member

Sidebottom has it hard for Mokey, which makes sense, considering Boober loves Mokey and Sidebottom is more like "the Mask" version of Boober. (Now, he also seemed extremely happy to see Red when they all visited him in Boober's dream ....)