1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Fraggle Pairings

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by Redsonga, Mar 18, 2009.

1. Opps I didn't realize that Redsonga had already bought up Sidebottom's Blues episode. Anyway Red and Boober always seemed to act like a sister and brother to me.
  2. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

Yup, yup 'Sidebottom Blues' is epic flinging :3
    I think the brother/sister idea for Red and Boober holds up very well :).
  3. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

Mokey and Boober always seem a bit happier when they are together I've noticed :). Even though Mokey is often seen as a very happy fraggle she has a sort of unspoken gloom that she uses in poems and things (I think it might have something to do with her wanting to change the fraggle world to make even better somehow but not really having the know how to do it). When they are together a lot of both glooms seems to be canceled out :).
    With Gobo/Mokey I think that the crush that doesn't go anywhere is just very realistic. I mean it happens all the time in real life, why not with fraggles? :)
  4. True, also I see Mokey as being Boobers comfort too, I don't remember what episode it was, but the mine fraggles were upset about something and Boober was sort of hugging Mokey from behind and when she started to walk he was still holding on to her and walking with her. It was really cute.
  5. bazooka_beak

bazooka_beak Active Member

^ Yeah, Mokey is all about peace and art and a worried, paranoid fraggle like Boober really needs somebody like that to keep things calm.
  6. Morgan Clueless

Morgan Clueless New Member

(Sorry if I'm intruding. :o It's been a while since I've been on, but when I found this thread, I just had to reply!)

I personally was totally for Mokey/Boober when I was introduced to the series, mainly because they were my top faves. But once I got into it, I also liked Red/Gobo, Sidebottom/Red, C-John/Pink Fragglette, and a slew of others.

Also, while this is not canon and possibly unlikely in the first place, I thought, since the Minstrels and the Old Gypsy Lady travel around a lot, they probably somehow met by chance at some point. ;)
  7. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

Well, the good thing about the writing side of fandom is that you can do stories for many couples and make it all fit. IMHO I don't think Mokey/Boober cancels out Red/Boober in fanfic-dom, but I think as far as the show goes there might be more support for Mokey/Boober or Sidebottom/Red (A note on pairings, usually I put the more forceful of the two first. Where as Boober is happy to be 2nd 99% of the time IMHO, I think Sidebottom would be..something to be in love with. *pictures Sidebottom/Mokey* *rating of pretend story goes up by itself* O.O)
  8. Morgan Clueless

Morgan Clueless New Member

That's the fun of fanfics: Anything is possible! *Spongebob-style rainbow hands*

Then again, I'll support just about any pairing that sticks to me, whether or not canon applies! :flirt:

Personally, I just go with whatever order I think sounds catchier, and if I can, I'll even mash the names together.

That must be some really awesome story! :crazy:
  9. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

Let's just say it would be at least PG-13 if Sidebottom had anything to do with it o.o
    *story taps on shoulder*
    No, I will not write you :p!
  10. What would be really funny if Mokey didn't know it was Sidebottom.
  11. bazooka_beak

LOL! I'm trying really hard not to think about it. How un-Fraggle-y it would be :crazy:
  12. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

Actually, it could be very fraggle-ly if written a certain way..I just don't have the guts for it *lol* ;).
  13. bazooka_beak

Well if you ever do, good luck :super:
  14. Frozann

Frozann Member

I disturb this old topic for a reason... :D
    Mokey and Boober are something which makes me happy when put together. Very cute, implying that they're just close friends. I actually can't see any Fraggle paired with another out of romantic feelings.. :zany: In fact, Red and Gobo are like siblings for me.
    Gobo and Mokey should work well. However, when Boober demands help and support, he won't resist at all, meanwhile Gobo should stay the leader all the time and Mokey's caring attitude could be seen annoying to his self-esteem.

Some Boober and Mokey moments:

You Can't Do That Without A Hat - Mokey makes a 'hat' for Boober and kisses him.
    Feel So Bad (song from "Don't Cry Over Spilt Milk" ep.) - it is what Alpha Centauri mentioned. He literally rushed into Mokey.
    Mokey and The Minstrels - when she's going away, her farewell with Boober seemed a little more special than other ones. Not to mention how Boober literally stuck to her robe.
  15. WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit Well-Known Member

I can't believe I missed this thread. I have yet to watch season 5 but I thought I'd put in my 2 cents. :3 Note: These are just my opinions. XP Don't kill meh.

Here's my ships...

StorytellerxUncle Matt: One word--awwww. X3

Ma GorgxPa Gorg: Usually when parents act all lovey-dovey, it creeps me out but these two are hilarious and cute. XP

RedxGobo: The Comic Con video with Red pretty much confirms this. I wish I could find it. =/ Even without it, I still feel like they're the most obvious couple. The fighting might seem off-putting to others but I think it sort of contributes to the chemistry. =P

MokeyxBoober: This is personally my favorite shipping. I know Mokey tends to be motherly/huggly towards everyone but I've lost track of how many times they snuggle/kiss/cling to each other. It isn't like Boober's hesitant either. He's all over her in many episodes. I'm surprised he didn't just grab Mokey and snog her a la Piggy with Kermit when she returned in Mokey and the Minstrels. XP

I know there's a notion that opposites attract and peeps might say Mokey and Boober are too similar to fall for each other, but they still have different but rounded personalities that fit together nicely. Mokey's soft-spoken, gentle, and finds the beauty in everything and Boober's...well, Boober. However, I think she puts him at ease and he likes the way she takes things slowly--not an innuendo, I swear. XP Her poems speak to him on a meaningful level, especially when they're dreary and I think she understands his quirks better than Red probably would. I wouldn't say she'd love them but she'd be able to look past the habits and see the bigger picture. :3

WembleyxLou: Where did this girl go? ._. Poor Wembles has nobody. Although, he does seem a bit too young for a relationship, these two were sweet as an innocent childhood crush...thing.

Here's a couple pairings I don't get...

GoboxMokey: I know they flirted in a couple of the first season episodes and how Gobo's line in Mokey's Funeral struck a chord with peeps but I don't think it would go anywhere. They're sweet but they're more like a brother and sister kind of sweet, you know?

BooberxTosh: Sorry fans, but this came right the heck out of nowhere. Now I'm not bashing Tosh because she's pretty cute but she seems way too young for Boober. It was sort of weird and OOC how, er, taken he was with her in the A Tune for Two episode. It was like the writer was saying, "Look, audience! This is true amour! Innit obvious?"

Not to mention, Tosh was in an earlier episode and she and Boober only seemed like they were friends there. He wasn't flirting then so why the sudden infatuation two seasons later? I guess I don't think that one particular episode in a later season would stick out so much in terms of pairing. Maybe I'm biased but if Tosh and Boober were meant to be, wouldn't she eventually become a part of the main cast? From what I gather, after A Tune for Two she only appears in the background towards the end of the series. So, um...yeah, true love? :confused: Ehhhh...

Although, as somebody said earlier, the idea of Tosh and Wembley is cute. At least they're closer in age. XP
  16. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

I have all sorts of oddball opinions on this. Anything I post is just what I think, and applies only to my own fanfics, so don't take it as me putting down anyone else's notions.

I don't like the idea of the Fraggle Five pairing off. It would divide them and change the nature of the group. They have a wide mix of personalities, and they function well as a family already; I say let 'em stay that way when they grow up. After all, what evidence have we seen that Fraggles marry?

Of course, there will be pairings of various natures, romantic and non, within this group. Most obviously, Red & Gobo, Gobo & Wembley, and Red & Mokey, but also Mokey & Boober and Boober & Wembley. I don't include Sidebottom as a character because I like to think that later on Boober stopt trying to deny the basic fact that fun is fun, so Sidebottom doesn't need to separate himsels from Boober and act out.

As for Lou and Tosh, I think Lou is just Wembley's good friend, but since nothing really story-worthy happened afterward involving her, we never saw much of her again. Tosh seems to have been an adolescent crush for Boober. Remember how Gonzo fell in love with Madeline Kahn on the basis of one compliment? I see something similar happening with Boober. BTW, this wasn't only in "A Tune for Two" - in "Gobo's School for Explorers" Tosh was clearly the teacher's pet.

The Storyteller & Matt: I fully support this! If only I ever found a way to work it into my stories. Shoot, there's a story in the idea of The Storyteller finally getting Matt's attention. Given how oblivious Matt is, that might take a bludgeon.
  17. Frozann

Frozann Member

On a note about "Mokey's Funeral" and that phrase, "so many things"
    Those things are probably apologetic words, because Gobo didn't believe in her at first. But, the fact is that Boober is the one who apologised for their behaviour, and how he did it! The last rowing sequence is just another minor-valued proof for Gobo-Red and Mokey-Boober.
  18. RedPiggy

RedPiggy Well-Known Member

I think they work because they also are willing to throw things at each other, LOL. They're not unrealistically saccarine. They argue and whisper behind each others' backs. However, their love is eternal. I'm a sucker for eternal love.

LOL, yeah, the only thing Red could've done more is hand out copies of the marriage certificate. :D

Agreed. Before Sidebottom, Boober tries to deny his fun side, but because he shares his secret fun side with Red in Marooned, it doesn't seem to go anywhere. For some reason, eventually the personalities split, but after Sidebottom gets taken down a notch because of what nearly happened to Wembley, we don't hear from him again and Boober returns to his old self where his fun side just comes out as a part of him.
  19. Fraggline

Fraggline Active Member

I agree, they are kind of young, but if it ever did happen it would be so cute! :coy:

Thank you, Redsonga, for creating this thread --- it's sort of my dream thread! Please, let nobody be mistaken here, because I love the friendship in FR (there are a few really great Gobo/Wembley songs that bingboingcutie and I often imitate), but it's just that my favorite romances lie in Fraggle Rock.:3

I'll tell more later.