Fraggle Pairings

Redsonga

Reaction score
Personally, I'd like to see Mokey and Junior have some more interaction to see what happens. I know the age was off, but they had a sort of nurturing connection, lol.
It's not so much a pairing to me, but an AU story where Mokey adopts Junior as a baby (or child) would be..something :eek:

I think there are other gorgs in the world, but they are so few and far apart that two meeting to get together is rare :frown:

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I think other Gorgs exist (because it's really too depressing to think of them as the last 3). Either they live far away or they ran out of radishes and became invisible. Or they live in our world as random bigfoots/sasquatches.

I think that in reality, Pa and Ma are retired rulers ... he just kept the crowns as heirlooms. That would explain a lot.

I like Mokey + Junior as well (though it makes me shudder to imagine what THAT must be like). I have a hard time seeing them as parent/child like relationships. Yes, I know Junior ACTS like a child ... but ... he still outranks Mokey in age.

Redsonga

Reaction score
I just meant if he had been born around the time of the series...anyway, I think gorgs age much slower, while the oldest fraggle (to me) would be about around 200 years old...Which makes the whole idea very sad :frown:. I like writing sad stories, but I don't think I could write one that got that depressing...

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
I thought the ruling thing was all in their heads? Like, they thought so highly of themselves they made themselves rulers of that uninhabited area :stick_out_tongue: That was always my impression. It does give them a "last of our kind" vibe but I still wondered if they just lived far away from others.

Back on topic, I'd approve of a Boober/Mokey pairing, if it happened. It just seems like Mokey would be good for mellowing him out. If you paired him up with, say, Red, she'd be way too much for him to deal with and just make his "everything is OUT TO KILL ME!" problem worse :wink:

Redsonga

Reaction score
I think the ruling thingie was/is real. They have too much history and culture to fall back on for it not to be....

Boober and Red really don't have much in common. While Boober was able to get along with he when they thought they were going to die (because he is actually really strong when looking death in the face) it didn't look like something that would last.
With Mokey and Boober they seem to understand one another day to day without needing any drama. She mellows him out but also doesn't force him to change..I think that is love :smile:. And Boober sort of keeps Mokey grounded a bit but at the same time gives her someone to look after who sees the world on the more serious level to (because she seems to deep down have a darker artistic side, writing poems about death, etc). At least, that is how I see it :smile:. My unofficial theme song for Mokey/Boober :3

As for Red and Gobo's fighting all the time (which someone said before means they would not make a good couple) I actually think that even though they would still fight it is all just in a playful way. And I think Gobo as he gets older would mellow a little and just know when to let Red go off on her newest hobby/sport/rant at times. This is actually my guilty pleasure shipping theme for them (I have been thinking of putting a tiny bit of it of it in Wild Winds as 'their song' *lol*)

alyteima

Reaction score
*hee* Poor Wembley. The last story in my series is being written pretty much just for him :smile:.

HUZZAH! *Jumps for joy* I'm still working on my fic (eats fraggle fic like a Gorg with garlic gumdrops)

I like the Mokey mothering aspect, but I don't see much romance.

Redsonga

Reaction score
*hee* Poor Wembley. The last story in my series is being written pretty much just for him .

HUZZAH! *Jumps for joy* I'm still working on my fic (eats fraggle fic like a Gorg with garlic gumdrops)

I like the Mokey mothering aspect, but I don't see much romance.
Well, that's what Where The Wild Wind Blows started as anyway (now it is also gorgy, since the crown plot is too good not to poke at:excited:). I was like 'gee, why do I always write him as so moody?' and then I noticed that he pretty much got overlooked in many many fics. While someone like Gobo could take just being the backbone of things I think of Wembley as more..needy:coy:. He is hard to pair even with Lou to me:sympathy:

alyteima

Reaction score
Yeah, poor Wem is a bit needy. I don't think he's too moody in your fics, he's quite in character, just a little older than when we see him in the series, which makes sense.

I think he hero-worships (particularly Gobo, awww) and that does contribute to his neediness or what appears to be lack of self-confidence. His indecisiveness would definitely affect any romances, LOL. I've been reading (avidly) your latest fic (actually, I read all your fics, LOL) so I love the Wembley slant, obviously, since he's my fav.

I think its easy to find a niche for the characters, poor Wembley is always needing rescuing in my fics (or ficlets, that all they are so far, heh):coy: I'm always putting him in danger, poor baby, but the series does that a lot too. :smirk:

Redsonga

Reaction score
Oh, not out of character moody, just moody :smile:. Of course his nature does go more toward being one of the few fraggles who might have a teenager-hood IMHO :3. He is just a little ball of..something *lol*. Whoever ends up with him would have to be very laid back but flexible, I think, but energetic enough to keep up with him :3. I have a theory that it might not be a fraggle ether, but that is just my crazy writers mind :stick_out_tongue:.

Aw, I am glad to know I have a few readers. Even in my old age I enjoy getting feedback :3. I was not sure if I would be good at writing Fraggle stories , but writing them gives me a feeling of the lazy afternoons near the woods where I grew up helping my grandma with the garden, so I really enjoy them at least ^.^

Uncle Matt/Storyteller is funny to me, but in a sad way. But someday I see it working :3 *sigh* Old people love, the most honest love there is <3!

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
Matt/Storyteller is probably the funniest of any possible pairings in the show XD Seriously, I crack up whenever Storyteller mentions him (and she always describes him as though he were the manliest, handsomest Fraggle that ever existed), and in that "flashback" episode she was always looking for excuses to touch him :wink: Wonder if he's caught on? Probably not.