Fraggle Pairings

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
Let's just say it would be at least PG-13 if Sidebottom had anything to do with it o.o
*story taps on shoulder*
No, I will not write you :stick_out_tongue:!
LOL! I'm trying really hard not to think about it. How un-Fraggle-y it would be :crazy:

Frozann

Reaction score
I disturb this old topic for a reason... :big_grin:
Mokey and Boober are something which makes me happy when put together. Very cute, implying that they're just close friends. I actually can't see any Fraggle paired with another out of romantic feelings.. :zany: In fact, Red and Gobo are like siblings for me.
Gobo and Mokey should work well. However, when Boober demands help and support, he won't resist at all, meanwhile Gobo should stay the leader all the time and Mokey's caring attitude could be seen annoying to his self-esteem.

Some Boober and Mokey moments:

You Can't Do That Without A Hat - Mokey makes a 'hat' for Boober and kisses him.
Feel So Bad (song from "Don't Cry Over Spilt Milk" ep.) - it is what Alpha Centauri mentioned. He literally rushed into Mokey.
Mokey and The Minstrels - when she's going away, her farewell with Boober seemed a little more special than other ones. Not to mention how Boober literally stuck to her robe.

Slackbot

Reaction score
I have all sorts of oddball opinions on this. Anything I post is just what I think, and applies only to my own fanfics, so don't take it as me putting down anyone else's notions.

I don't like the idea of the Fraggle Five pairing off. It would divide them and change the nature of the group. They have a wide mix of personalities, and they function well as a family already; I say let 'em stay that way when they grow up. After all, what evidence have we seen that Fraggles marry?

Of course, there will be pairings of various natures, romantic and non, within this group. Most obviously, Red & Gobo, Gobo & Wembley, and Red & Mokey, but also Mokey & Boober and Boober & Wembley. I don't include Sidebottom as a character because I like to think that later on Boober stopt trying to deny the basic fact that fun is fun, so Sidebottom doesn't need to separate himsels from Boober and act out.

As for Lou and Tosh, I think Lou is just Wembley's good friend, but since nothing really story-worthy happened afterward involving her, we never saw much of her again. Tosh seems to have been an adolescent crush for Boober. Remember how Gonzo fell in love with Madeline Kahn on the basis of one compliment? I see something similar happening with Boober. BTW, this wasn't only in "A Tune for Two" - in "Gobo's School for Explorers" Tosh was clearly the teacher's pet.

The Storyteller & Matt: I fully support this! If only I ever found a way to work it into my stories. Shoot, there's a story in the idea of The Storyteller finally getting Matt's attention. Given how oblivious Matt is, that might take a bludgeon.

Frozann

Reaction score
On a note about "Mokey's Funeral" and that phrase, "so many things"
Those things are probably apologetic words, because Gobo didn't believe in her at first. But, the fact is that Boober is the one who apologised for their behaviour, and how he did it! The last rowing sequence is just another minor-valued proof for Gobo-Red and Mokey-Boober.

Fraggline

Reaction score
Now, outside of the more obvious ones, I like Wembley and Tosh ... though I think they're both too young for serious relationships.
I agree, they are kind of young, but if it ever did happen it would be so cute! :coy:

Thank you, Redsonga, for creating this thread --- it's sort of my dream thread! Please, let nobody be mistaken here, because I love the friendship in FR (there are a few really great Gobo/Wembley songs that bingboingcutie and I often imitate), but it's just that my favorite romances lie in Fraggle Rock.:3

I'll tell more later.

Fraggline

Reaction score
On a note about "Mokey's Funeral" and that phrase, "so many things"
Those things are probably apologetic words, because Gobo didn't believe in her at first. But, the fact is that Boober is the one who apologised for their behaviour, and how he did it! The last rowing sequence is just another minor-valued proof for Gobo-Red and Mokey-Boober.
Yeah, I agree. I'm likely just going in a little too over my head here, but I've always sort of thought that, while Gobo and Red went to see Mokey when the Gorgs held her funeral, Boober must have been too devastated to see her lifeless. He's just such a sensitive Fraggle.

Slackbot

Reaction score
Heh heh. I just posted the first chapter of a fic, The Mamas and The Papas, which is gonna be pretty heavy on the 'shipping. Gotta admit, I'm looking forward to writing for Boober & Mokey. Or vice versa.