Unofficial Script Review of the New Muppet Movie

GuySmileyfan

Reaction score
I'm nervous too. But I'm sure Jason and Nick will get through it. Just make a little fixing on the script and maybe it'll be ready for shooting. And let's remember, Gonzo or Dave Goelz said it's strong script and it sounded very positive too. Let's hope for the best.

Krazedmuppet

Reaction score
who is "wherestheanykey" anyway? how reliable is this guy on this suject? how did he get this "gonzo" interview? he only has 4 posts

Redsonga

Reaction score
Its not for certain that its Dave Golez. Anyone could have said that. It could be him, not saying that it cant, but it may not be. :concern:
I really really really don't think it was him (and I believe nearly everything about movies on the internet *lol*) It is more than likely just someone with that screenname...
After all, I may have Red in my name but that doesn't make me Karen Prell:excited::coy:

It might have been better if Mr. four posts had just posted a link to the site that this came from to avoid confusion...

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Its not for certain that its Dave Golez. Anyone could have said that. It could be him, not saying that it cant, but it may not be. :concern:
According to the Muppet Newsflash (here)... "The reviewer (under the alias 'The Great Gonzo')..."

It's definitely not Dave Goelz or Gonzo, nor did this reviewer ever say he was. He just asked anyone copying this information to use the guise The Great Gonzo, saying, "If you use this, call me The Great Gonzo." Yes, it is very confusing, but if you take a closer look you'll realize that this person never claims to be Gonzo or Dave.

In fact, over at Ain't It Cool Nows (here) the poster of this information starts out saying, "Merrick here..."

who is "wherestheanykey" anyway? how reliable is this guy on this suject? how did he get this "gonzo" interview? he only has 4 posts
Whoever this guy is, he just copied the info word for word from Ain't It Cool News. So he's either, a) a frequenter of Ain't It Cool News and a newb here, or b) someone who reports for Ain't It Cool News and lurks here with a sparsely used account.

I trust the info because it came from a reliable entertainment news site AND the Muppet Newsflash reported it--there aren't many more places we can look for confirmation from without contacting Disney or Segel themselves.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Yeah! I'm with Ryan. I thin this news is legit. It's just that I can't help but think that this scrip is the decoy to detract us, while Jason Segel is working on a much better one. :shifty:

Redsonga

Reaction score
Yeah! I'm with Ryan. I thin this news is legit. It's just that I can't help but think that this scrip is the decoy to detract us, while Jason Segel is working on a much better one. :shifty:
I am happy with this one so even if it is the real one I am okay with the news:excited:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well like I said I e mailed the guy who poested this on Aint it cool, and he has still not replyed. I did sound however kind of mean in the E mail, asking where he got his info, and that it did'nt seem likly that Muppet Studios or Disney would let something like that slip out so easaly.
Now saying all that it may sound like I'm not wanting this to happen, and thats not true. I want the Muppets to have a big screen movie, and I think that Jason Segal really loves and cares about the Muppets. However I think that if this script is real that it is going to be to much like Muppets take Manhatan, and that would not be good. I really would love to see what Jim Lewis and the other Muppet writers and preforers could come up with along with Seagel.

beaker

Reaction score
I try not to compare all the different Muppet movies to each other - with all the different writers, the new Muppets used, the different people who do voices, and the fresher celebrities, it's difficult to class them all together! Each movie has their good points and bad, but I think all of them pretty much stay true to Jim Henson's original vision for the Muppets.

So I'm very excited to see what this new movie will be bring - maybe we'll be able to get a whole new generation of fans! :flirt:
True. But I have to say, of over 50 years of Muppet productions;
Muppets Take Manhattan and the Muppet Movie remain my absolute favorite Muppet films. While Muppet Family Christmas and Muppets At Walt Disney World remain my two favorite specials. I guess there is a benchmark for me. Though then again, the MuppetTelevision portion of The Jim Henson Hour remains my favorite Muppet show to date:smile: