"The Doozers" preschool series under development

muppet baby

Reaction score
wow this sounds neat i can not wait to see it .

If it is really good i am going to watch it how ever long it stays on .

i mean it is part of the great fraggle rock after all . LOL :excited:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Even on Dinosaurs, with the exception of the execs at Wesayso, most of the damage came not from evil, but from ignorance and apathy. It's still a healthy tradition, as we can see.
Hey, I'm sick of people throwin' their crap all over the place. And not picking up after their pets. Global warming nothing. Don't live like pigs expecting everyone to clean up after you.

And merchandise! Give me figures! (Posable arms and legs, please.)

I just hope this doesn't end up cable-only, since I'm one of those backward souls who don't get cable or satellite. (I've got DTV taken care of, though!)
I really could see this on PBS if only they could get the heck rid of Super Why. But it seems like something that would have to be on cable. Really stinks, since putting FR on HBO (not only a cable channel, but a premium one) stopped poorer kids from seeing the wonderful, beautiful show Henson created.

Of course, I have my DTV set up, but the reception, even with a new antenna sucks. All you really get is like 4 PBS's extra. And I wound up losing that many channels.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Hey, I'm sick of people throwin' their crap all over the place. And not picking up after their pets. Global warming nothing. Don't live like pigs expecting everyone to clean up after you.
Every Muppet pig character: Hey!:mad:

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Just what we need, another preachy liberal show constantly haranguing at kids about how humans are the biggest danger to the planet. Hogwash!
Henson has a long tradition of promoting an environmental message - with environmental messages being a central part of such programs as Sesame Street, Fraggle Rock, Dinosaurs, Animal Show, plus Jim did numerous public service announcements starring the Muppets. In fact, the Jim Henson Company just received an award for promoting "environmental and social responsibilities" in filmmaking -- http://news.toonzone.net/articles/29031/disney-and-henson-film-companies-receive-environmental-award

This series seems to carry on that spirit along with the guiding spirit of Fraggle Rock plus (like most of Henson's work) I don't think it will be too "preachy" in its approach.

:busy:

Now regardless of your feelings on global warming, carbon footprints, holes in the ozone, air pollution, endangered species, depleting natural resources, or any of these other "liberal" issues; I think we should be able to agree that it is important to teach about stewardship of the earth and our resources. Environmentalism is still important, even if you feel that we aren’t causing the "end of the world" with any of our behavior.

When I was a kid my mother taught me to clean my room, not because a messy room would cause the house to fall down, but because having a clean room made living there more enjoyable, safer, and healthier (plus it showed respect for my stuff as my toys wouldn't get lost or broken as easily). The same is true with the world – you may feel that living on a polluted planet may not cause the earth and all of humanity to be destroyed, but if we all live more environmentally-conscious lifestyles living here will be more enjoyable, safer, and healthier (plus it shows respect for the work as our resources, habitats and wildlife won't be lost or damaged).

Responsible stewardship of the earth shows respect for nature and our planet - our home. Now if you want to discuss environmentalism or global warming or the overall environmental political movement, I would suggest taking that conversation to another thread; let's not get sidetracked here.

:busy:

So…anyway…I can’t wait for this show! I think it's long overdue and it will be great. The whole premise sounds like fun and right in line with the spirit of the Doozers.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
I can handle the big head but everything is off center and squished looking. I have nothing against CGI doozers if they look like doozers and not sea sick ant...thingies.
I would hold off on any real judgment of the designs until more images are released. This is just one image of a somewhat early design (his face looks a bit distorted because of his head tilit and the camera perspective). Wait until you see some more characters – and see them from different angles, with different lighting, and even in motion (it will be hard to get a true sense of if these animated Doozers are working until we see a video clip).

Also remember that a lot can (and probably will) change before the actual release. Anyone remember the early designs of Sid from "Sid the Science Kid" (who was also originally named Josh)? Thinks will likely change over the next year and a half as they develop the show.

Also, as for the non-tool names, the working above ground, and some of the other minor differences in Doozer culture: remember we've only really seen one group of Doozers (the clan from the area surrounding Fraggle Rock). It is possible that there are other groups of Doozers out there in the world that could have some minor cultural differences and live slightly different lifestyles. Plus the last time we viewed Doozer culture was almost 25 years, so some little things could have changed or evolved since then.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Just what we need, another preachy liberal show constantly haranguing at kids about how humans are the biggest danger to the planet. Hogwash!

Fraggle Rock only did that a couple of times; most of the shows were about having fun and how to get along with other people. The truth is that human beings clean up their messes far better than any animal, and technology has made our lives much better, not worse.

I wouldn't have it any other way, and I don't care how big my so-called carbon footprint is. I have a right to live, and live well.

Carrie

P.S. The CG Doozer looks really ugly, too!
:confused: Wow. What negativity for something so positive and Jim-like. The environment and symbiotic nature of the world was always a part of Jim's message, his artwork and Fraggle Rock. It appears you are projecting something not contained in this new program. The use of key words like "liberal" kind of gives that away. Geez, I'm just mystified by that post.

Here's a bit more preachifacation from Mr. Jim Henson himself:

Kermit PSA
Kermit & Penguins PSA
Fozzie & Kermit PSA
Kermit & Miss Piggy PSA
Reporter Kermit & Mount Rushmore
John Denver & Kermit PSA

And the Doozer isn't ugly. He looks like a Doozer. Just oddly proportioned in this first design.

Davina

Reaction score
doozer evolution? Life beyond the Rock?

NEVER!

lol

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Also, as for the non-tool names, the working above ground, and some of the other minor differences in Doozer culture: remember we've only really seen one group of Doozers (the clan from the area surrounding Fraggle Rock). It is possible that there are other groups of Doozers out there in the world that could have some minor cultural differences and live slightly different lifestyles. Plus the last time we viewed Doozer culture was almost 25 years, so some little things could have changed or evolved since then.
Well, 'Crusty' and 'Yeaster' aren't exactly techie names either, I guess. Maybe you're right ... maybe it's the culture which determines the naming scheme.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
At this point, I have no problem with an enviornmental message, even if it is preachy, heh. At some point, we do have to realize our responsibility to the planet and how much damage we did to it with the industrial revolution and how much damage we continue to do with big business. Technology and business have given us many good things, but they have also come at a heavy price.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
At this point, I have no problem with an enviornmental message, even if it is preachy, heh. At some point, we do have to realize our responsibility to the planet and how much damage we did to it with the industrial revolution and how much damage we continue to do with big business. Technology and business have given us many good things, but they have also come at a heavy price.
I agree.

This project appears to be more informative than preachy. There was none of that garbage about people being bad, liberalism or carbon footprints as Carrie stated.

The press release cites teamwork, cooperation, green technology and eco consciousness. Those should be universal things that are beneficial to all and likely economical too.

"...the Doozers...inspire kids to make the world a better place by making smart, ecofriendly choices, and by inventing tools, gadgets, buildings, structures, and other technology that supports the environment's ecology."

That doesn't sound manipulative or heavy-handed to me. Criticizing the Doozer program for offering environmental solutions is like criticizing Sesame Street for educating children. I guess some people here the word "environment" and automatically think evil. I have never quite understood that. :stick_out_tongue: