"The Doozers" preschool series under development

ftnpro

Reaction score
As I read the article, I thought, "This might just work, since the Doozers were background characters, the ecological theme is appropriate, and they lend themselves to CGI." Then I saw the photo, with the Doozer's freakishly-swollen head! Yikes!

Since they are "testing" the animation right now, let's hope they make the Doozers look more like... Doozers.

Reaction score
Oh, swell!

Just what we need, another preachy liberal show constantly haranguing at kids about how humans are the biggest danger to the planet. Hogwash!

Fraggle Rock only did that a couple of times; most of the shows were about having fun and how to get along with other people. The truth is that human beings clean up their messes far better than any animal, and technology has made our lives much better, not worse.

I wouldn't have it any other way, and I don't care how big my so-called carbon footprint is. I have a right to live, and live well.

Carrie

P.S. The CG Doozer looks really ugly, too!

emily

Reaction score
I'm really excited about this! I have a preschooler now, who adores Sid the Science Kid, and I'm excited about the prospects of a doozer show for my pre-preschooler. He'll be just the right age in 2010!

Rax

Reaction score
I was really exited when I read the title, but then I saw the word CGI. :concern:
Why, why, Why? Why CGI? It's so overrated. I mean, CGI movies look pretty good mostly, but CGI series look woody, crappy, and cheap. This "new" style is still too expensive for a series to make it look good.

I prefer puppetry. Man, I'd even be happier with a regular (cheap ***?) cartoon, so...
why does it always have to be CGI, good grief
Doozer merchandise. Come on, how can anyone not be excited for that prospect?
Well, just take a look at that horrible looking CG Doozer. Man, I hadn't even seen that screenshot yet. And it's not because of his facial expression, but because his body is too tiny, his nose is off etc.

And I might as well add, we have that Fraggle Rock film about to be made. What better way to get interrest in the franchise than with a new series?
True. Very smart idea. The idea still sounds cool to me. It's just the execution that makes me very concerned.

Gr, Rax

RedPiggy

Reaction score
CarrieTheGreat said:
Just what we need, another preachy liberal show constantly haranguing at kids about how humans are the biggest danger to the planet. Hogwash!
I don't think it's just that. The young'uns need to learn about working as a team, too. In every type of job I've worked in ... ya wanna know how RARE that is?

Fraggle Rock only did that a couple of times; most of the shows were about having fun and how to get along with other people. The truth is that human beings clean up their messes far better than any animal, and technology has made our lives much better, not worse.
I didn't see in the summary that this was a lecture. Again, it sounded like there's more than whining. Also, nature cleans up far better than we do. Ever see an animal landfill? Thought so. And an anti-tech stance would be weird coming from the Doozers, who rely on it to do their work. It's the Fraggles who avoid tools for the most part.

I wouldn't have it any other way, and I don't care how big my so-called carbon footprint is. I have a right to live, and live well!
You have a right to end up on Clean House, too. OOH, OOH, I have an idea! Let's teach our children that cleaning their rooms makes no difference! Crud on the stove! Forget the infection risk! Just because there's an opening on the toilet doesn't mean ya gotta use it (that one's for little boys)! You may have a right to live, but I think I'll make sure to bring gloves over first.

PS: That may have come off as rather rude. However, I feel I am merely responding to a very spoiled post. Ignore at your discretion.

Redsonga

Reaction score
I didn't see in the summary that this was a lecture. Again, it sounded like there's more than whining. Also, nature cleans up far better than we do. Ever see an animal landfill? Thought so. And an anti-tech stance would be weird coming from the Doozers, who rely on it to do their work. It's the Fraggles who avoid tools for the most part.
Nature cleans up far better than any human ever could in that it never makes things (like plastic) in the natural world that can't be broken back now into the elements it's made of to become a part of the soil:smile:. (And knowing is half the battle :3!)

And as far as the episodes about not ruining the water in nature go I think they were needed, not preachy. After all, it is animals and humans who suffer if we don't have clean water...All humans, even those "Humans are gods and should never have to answer for what they do because animals are just a waste of space on land where I could be putting an oil drill on." thinkers -.-

Drtooth

Reaction score
You have a right to end up on Clean House, too. OOH, OOH, I have an idea! Let's teach our children that cleaning their rooms makes no difference! Crud on the stove! Forget the infection risk! Just because there's an opening on the toilet doesn't mean ya gotta use it (that one's for little boys)! You may have a right to live, but I think I'll make sure to bring gloves over first.

PS: That may have come off as rather rude. However, I feel I am merely responding to a very spoiled post. Ignore at your discretion.

Preach! I'm sick of this annoying pseudo-conservative contradictarian crap that's spewing all over the place now. Oh yeah, let's just drive dangerous, unwieldy poison spewing status symbols, and throw our trash all over the ground. And DON'T recycle! I ain't wasting valuable seconds of my time I could be not doing anything. I agree, that was spoiled, selfish and snotty, and not so much an opinion as useless whining. You don't have to believe in global warming to help stop the freaking planet from being a toxic dump. Living well is fine, but how you gonna do it when you can't breathe air or drink clean water? Total and utter partisan pundit tommyrot and balderdash!

And I really don't see how this is any uglier than the millions of staccatto, poorly conceived CGI shows I see sploping up all over the place. At least they didn't try to make them look "realistic" and human (like a certain orange fat cat).... ever see something called Turbo DOgs? It looks like it came out in 1993. If I see the same quality as Sid the Science Kid in this project, I'm supporting it. And I don't doubt it will be.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
The only people who SHOULD enjoy living in a dump are the following: grouches, rats (including Philo/Gunge), and Marjory.