"The Doozers" preschool series under development

Beauregard

Reaction score
Oh!

*pauses*

Oh! I am actually surprised at myself, because the idea of this show does not upset me or make me feel worried or anything! The Doozers really are the kind of creatures that would work well in CGI (Although I don't want to see them as CGI in the Fraggle Movie...) But in a side project, probably based further from the main centre of Fraggle Rock with new characters, this is kinda exciting.

And it will also probably bring people back memories of regular Fraggle Rock, and also draw attention to those tiny little creatures that are usually ignored! They have a great work-ethic, and would make great role-models!

Also, I seem to remember that Jim Henson was always a big fan of his little Doozer creations. I think this show would fit into his original Fraggle Rock vision.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Redsonga said:
It's the nose..I can handle the big head but everything is off center and squished looking:eek:. I have nothing against CGI doozers if they look like doozers and not sea sick ant...thingies:embarrassed:.
Personally, I think it's just because of his expression. It may look more normal in motion.

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
Whoah, wasn't expecting this. Well I for one hope the "Cgi" Jim Henson Muppet type shows for kids do well, be it this or Sid the Science Kid or Skrumps.

That'd be a trip if this actually takes off, ala Dora Explorer or Veggietales. Definitely did not expect Fraggle Rock to come back to television in any form.

Im starting to realize that in the long run, the Muppet sell to Disney was in hindsight a *good* thing. As Jim Henson Company can focus on the cgi kid shows, Fraggle Rock movie, Dark Crystal 2, the Puppet Up/HA movie, and everything else.
Funny you say trip, I find FR quite frankly a very trip-inducing tv show.:insatiable:
Oh and that Doozer needs a smaller head/fatter body. And I agree with Redsonga. That nose has serious problems.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Whoah, wasn't expecting this. Well I for one hope the "Cgi" Jim Henson Muppet type shows for kids do well, be it this or Sid the Science Kid or Skrumps.
And of course, coming from Henson, we can expect to see some puppetry involvement behind the CGI. I mean, Sid ain't just some wire frames floating around in space... they're connected to body performers and the WALDO system of remote head puppetry. Doozers did use the WALDO system from time to time... so, in an essense, the only thing they're trading is CGI bits for foam and plastic.

I agree, as long as they keep it in tact with Sid's style, and they don't Barney or Dora the thing up, we could see something golden. Plus, Doozer merchandise. Come on, how can anyone not be excited for that prospect?

And I might as well add, we have that Fraggle Rock film about to be made. What better way to get interrest in the franchise than with a new series? There was this Japanese movie based on one of their old 1970's TV show being made... and as soon as they unveiled those plans, they unveiled a plan to remake the cartoon series for a new generation. It might work over here too.

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
Well... um... wasn't expecting this. Don't quite know what to think :stick_out_tongue:

mbmfrog

Reaction score
This is as close as a Fraggle Rock Comeback as we're going to get. And I'm going to enjoy every moment of this new series. :excited:

Davina

Reaction score
i have my concerns.. but where the main target market is pre schoolers, i will cut them some slack... i do wonder about the names.. not very doozery.. but,.. ok, whatever.. new generation, myabe their parents were a bit rebellious...

it has potental and i'm going to stay optomistic for now..

and really wish i'd had more then 3 hours of sleep last night so i could spell better, sorry..

MJTaylor

Reaction score
It all sounds good to me. I can't wait to see it.