"The Doozers" preschool series under development

RedPiggy

Reaction score
KingMokey said:
Great, just what we need from Henson. More of the "hey, remember this? You used to like this!" that I'm used to, with surprise surprise, NO puppetry involved. I'm beginning to think more and more that this is Henson's long-term plan, to completely phase out puppetry from its core programming. Puppeteers are expensive, let's move more toward 3D animation, which is less expensive!

Sorry to be so negative (and in my first post! where are my manners), but this new prospect of a Doozers show frightens me. For two reasons, one because I love the original Fraggle Rock so much, and two because I'm sorry I have NO confidence in Henson in its current state to produce anything that will live up to the beauty and charm and legacy of the original material. Feel bad saying it like that, but that's the facts.
Well, I'm sure you're not the only one rolling your eyes at CGI. However, does that really get rid of puppetry? One of the newer documentaries I've seen had the Henson folks use motion-capture to animate their CGI stuff and also waldo-like devices to animate faces. So, technically, puppetry is still a factor, at least the way they do it.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Doozers easily lend themselves to CG so I'm not upset. I just hope that the Fraggle mythology remains adequately intact and that the writing is kept universally appealing rather than Barneyfied. I also hope the top-heavy Doozer design is tweaked a little, textures are added and quality is a priority (not to mention voice casting). :busy:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Great, just what we need from Henson. More of the "hey, remember this? You used to like this!" that I'm used to, with surprise surprise, NO puppetry involved. I'm beginning to think more and more that this is Henson's long-term plan, to completely phase out puppetry from its core programming. Puppeteers are expensive, let's move more toward 3D animation, which is less expensive!
I thought it was the other way around. Regarding 3D animation being less expensive than puppeteers.

Redsonga

Reaction score
LOL ... I'll have to get used to the Charlie-Brown-esque-won't-your-head-fall-off thing. I was kind of surprised about the names. I thought the running gag with Doozers was using tech names ... could they be named after buildings or something? It took awhile in the FR series for the writers to seem to enjoy writing the Doozers. It's nice to see (finally) an attempt to bring them out as much as the Fraggles and Gorgs. They shouldn't be boring just because they like to work instead of playing around. Our country barely has a work ethic as it is. A little Doozer-morality won't kill us. :smile:

edit: Ya know, I don't recall seeing antennae on that pic...
It's the nose..I can handle the big head but everything is off center and squished looking:eek:. I have nothing against CGI doozers if they look like doozers and not sea sick ant...thingies:embarrassed:.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Honestly, the face looks off to me. And I do think CGI is being used too much when it's not always reliable and when other technologies would still work fine. But I'd have to see it in motion.

Kiki

Reaction score
Lol, I've always found The Doozers to be kinda boring but this is a rather cute concept. Younger generations will discover FR, as well.

beaker

Reaction score
Whoah, wasn't expecting this. Well I for one hope the "Cgi" Jim Henson Muppet type shows for kids do well, be it this or Sid the Science Kid or Skrumps.

That'd be a trip if this actually takes off, ala Dora Explorer or Veggietales. Definitely did not expect Fraggle Rock to come back to television in any form.

Im starting to realize that in the long run, the Muppet sell to Disney was in hindsight a *good* thing. As Jim Henson Company can focus on the cgi kid shows, Fraggle Rock movie, Dark Crystal 2, the Puppet Up/HA movie, and everything else.