Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Comic Book

Andibcool

Reaction score
Oh hey i went to Boom comics again and saw they ship the comics now cheaper for like 13 $. I know from my last Ebay auction shipping can still be cheaper but 13$ is ok i will just buy a few more comics.
Issue 1 is really good but a bit thin. I will buy every issue now.
Does anyone outside the USA have experience with boom comics and the shipping times from them ?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It seems that so far these comics had had opening numbers with non-regular characters. Hopefully future issues will have regualr characters in the opening numbers, but I am sort of hoping for a monsters number, or even just a monster sketch. Preferably existing monster designs as opposed to original monster designs (it seems that Langridge has designed a few original monsters in these comics).

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Has anyone else had a problem subscribing to the comic? I ordered my subscription, but when I checked my order it says that it's already been completed. I still haven't received the second issue yet.

And maybe I missed it... was there a delay with the Robin Hood comics?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else had a problem subscribing to the comic? I ordered my subscription, but when I checked my order it says that it's already been completed. I still haven't received the second issue yet.

And maybe I missed it... was there a delay with the Robin Hood comics?
Boom took a while to send issue one, so that's probably the cast for issue two. It should come. They just aren't the quickest in sending there own comic. Robin Hood is still go but we don't know when yet. It has been delayed with no ETA given.

Amy

Reaction score
Well, apparently Ultimate Comics DOES have my variant cover, because I got 5 copies in the mail on friday.
There's still no mention of it on Ultimate's website, so I'm darned if I know how people can order these :/
Cover here!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Well, apparently Ultimate Comics DOES have my variant cover, because I got 5 copies in the mail on friday.
There's still no mention of it on Ultimate's website, so I'm darned if I know how people can order these :/
Cover here!
It's beautiful. I think you've pegged the character's Henson Triangle proportions perfectly here. The nuances of his mouth and the fluff around the ears too. This is the bear at his best. :embarrassed:

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Ooh, I LOVE that variant. That's fantastic! I may try to get a copy to frame and put on my wall!
:embarrassed:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
The comic book finally arrived and I'm very pleased. Roger's the best! This book it's the real Muppet Show.
I posted som curious things that I did for the cover on my blog: http://davealvarezstudio.blogspot.com/2009/05/first-muppet-show-book-arrived.html
On your blog, you were wrong about The Cube enver being fully realized. It was broadcast in 1969, and was recently made available for download on iTunes. Maybe you were confusing it with Cyclia, an unfinished film project that i can't really describe.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Boom took a while to send issue one, so that's probably the cast for issue two. It should come. They just aren't the quickest in sending there own comic. Robin Hood is still go but we don't know when yet. It has been delayed with no ETA given.
Thanks, Jamie. A froggy for you---> :smile:

I really like this comic series (even if my second issue hasn't arrived yet). Much better than I was expecting. And I love the re-design for Gonzo on the cover. He looks off in a few panels, but over-all it's a pretty decent look.