"Gee, I wish I were you people..."

Beauregard

Reaction score
"...seeing this for the first time."

Does anyone else get annoyed with the beginning of GMC where Kermit explains the movie and says, "Gee, I wish I were you people seeing this for the first time." That line has grated on me even when it really *was* the first time I was seeing the movie, because I knew that as soon as I watched it a second time, that line would be pointless and kinda destroyed.

Anyone else feel that way about it? Does it annoy you when movies don't think ahead?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Lol, sometimes yes. But I never really thought about it regarding this line before. Probably because I'm jealous of the people who did see this in the theater for the first time, hehe.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Forget that! I'm a bit jealous of the people who worked on the movie! The muppeteers, yes, but isn't there a little part of all of us that wishes muppets were real, and we were among them? lol
:crazy:
But then again, if we were, the movie wouldn't be as fun to us, because, like Kermit, it would all be old hat to us.
:smile: But seriously, no, I've never thought about it 'til now.

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
I think it's a cute line. I don't really see anything wrong with it as I have the same mentality as heralde's statement.

And the way I see it, it has to be someone's first time in watching it. I think he was talking to a bigger audience than just one person. And that line needs to be appreciated in that way.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
When ever I hear Kermit say that I some how am able to put myself in the place that I'm seeing this movie for the first time. I love GMC and would love to own it on DVD one day I will.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Maybe part of it is I don't remember the first time I saw GMC, I've had it practically my whole life. So I never had time to ponder, lol.

Princeton

Reaction score
There's very little about GMC that doesn't grate me. Though I must say, for all its faults it's by far the most quotable of the Muppet movies.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Of the original three, GMC does have a few slow parts, lol (though I still prefer it over the more recent projects hehe).

Princeton

Reaction score
Of the original three, GMC does have a few slow parts, lol (though I still prefer it over the more recent projects hehe).

I agree; for as innovative as the bike sequence was, they could have found a better way to incorporate it into the story. It's like "Okay, they're fighting, they're fighting... oh look, now they're riding bikes!"

Beauregard

Reaction score
*laughing* Haven't you been to England lately? Literally *everyone* gets on bikes and rides around singing after having a big fight...*shakes head sadly* *laughs*