1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

"Gee, I wish I were you people..."

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by Beauregard, Apr 6, 2009.

1. Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

I'm gonna agree with Speed Tracer on this...I don't think that one line ruined the whole movie.
  2. LouisTheOtter Well-Known Member

Seriously, I love that line. And I've heard it a billion times, between seeing the movie in theatres when I was eight-going-on-nine, playing the GMC soundtrack album over and over, watching the movie at least three times on TV and now owning it on DVD with my wife...it hasn't grown one bit stale.

It's just a simple bit of breaking the fourth wall, no more, no less.

(Footnote: One of the things I loved about seeing The Muppets in theatres this past fall was the fact that it was the 30-year anniversary of the first time I ever saw a Muppet movie in theatres...I didn't see TMM until a TV broadcast a year in early 1982...)
    Pinkflower7783 likes this.
  3. Beauregard Well-Known Member

Who even said it ruined the entire movie anyway?
  4. Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Im just saying I don't think that one line is a big deal.
  5. Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Agree to disagree on this one.
  6. mo Well-Known Member

I can't remember it's been a few months! lol!
    Pinkflower7783 likes this.
  7. Kelso New Member

It doesn't bother me in the least. I feel the same way when I'm watching with someone who has never seen it!
    Zeliboba and Pinkflower7783 like this.
  8. Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

I couldn't agree more!