1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

"Gee, I wish I were you people..."

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by Beauregard, Apr 6, 2009.

1. Nick22

Nick22 Active Member

i love that movie, but that is annoying. i hate it when movies/shows dont think ahead or change things that they already made a whole episode about. but whatever
  2. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Seriously, and we thought the Muppets had no canon! ;)

Lol, brilliant, we don't even have to explain what we're talking about! :insatiable:
  3. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

:) "Gee, I wish I were you people seeing this for the first time."

"What you mean 'you people'?"
  4. heralde

Yeah Kermit's oddly fond of labeling people like that isn't it? Hehe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iN2109FAcdo
  5. Baby Gonzo

Baby Gonzo Member

That's interesting (No pun intended). I wonder if that was in the writing, or if it's more of an on the spot thing Jim Henson threw in in both occasions as just a Kermit specific way of speaking?
  6. heralde

Oh yeah I just think it's funny little expression to show his exasperation. (Btw, that's one scene where I really wish we could have watched the puppeteers underneath!) :)
  7. Baby Gonzo

Baby Gonzo Member

I agree!

I want to see all the puppeteers bump into each other during the monster stampede. :insatiable: I guess they had fun with it.
  8. bazooka_beak

bazooka_beak Active Member

Oh man, THAT scene. Even as a kid I was like "... are you serious?" XD But Dark Heart was rather handsome, or at least I thought so at the time, so he sort of got away with it ;)
  9. Baby Gonzo

Baby Gonzo Member

Dark Heart was pretty interesting and the movie itself wasn't horrible... but that scene is really ridiculous. :coy: It's the whole awkward character/audience interaction that really gets me. Care Bears is not Dora or Blues Clues and it shouldn't be. (Even if the movie did come over a decade before those shows.)
  10. heralde

Well you know, the scene is practically begging for parody, Mystery Science Theater style, hehe.

But yeah Dark Heart was actually a rather intriguing character; that's one thing I like about Care Bears, they weren't afraid to say things like, "Good or bad, you're still a person."

Ok off topic, hehe.
  11. bazooka_beak

bazooka_beak Active Member

^ Dark Heart wasn't even that bad compared to the first movie - that one had some very interesting characters (as far as I remember). Talk about DARK! Years later I can still hear that book saying "... niccoolauuusss ... " *shudder* And by the way, even if I never clapped or said "I care!" how would they even know? XD

Anyway, if the "Gee..." line bothers you, just ignore it :) I don't even really think about it.
  12. heralde

Oh yes, and quite an earily realisitic scenario. A young boy who's teased and shunned by the world takes out his revenge. And in the end he's saved when other kids let him know they understand.

They're so afraid to teach real lessons in kids movies now. They're not doing kids any favors.

Oh they're the Care Bears...they know.... :o
    Pinkflower7783 likes this.
  13. miss kermie

miss kermie Well-Known Member

I thought it wasn't a good line because if we liked it, (which we did) we'd watch it again, and the cute little joke would be ruined.
  14. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Yeah, although now (a few years after posting this thread originally) I kinda do get the idea...It makes us FEEL that we are seeing it again for the first time, even if we've seen it a million (I haven't seen it a million.)
  15. Speed Tracer

Speed Tracer Well-Known Member

This thread is the first time that I've ever realized that people might have problems with The Great Muppet Caper.

That's like finding out the Tooth Fairy isn't real.
  16. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

And this is why I miss being a kid...TV was so much better back then. Now it's...well...CRAP! :boo::boo:
  17. Speed Tracer

Speed Tracer Well-Known Member

It's just one line, guys. And it's endearing, even if you've seen it fifty thousand benzillion times. I don't get how one joke ruins the whole world.
    Nasubionna and Pinkflower7783 like this.
  18. Pinkflower7783

Nope doesn't bother me...although I wish I had been born when it came out but sadly I wasn't...even The Muppets Take Manhattan I was only a year old when it came out. I only was able to see the movies on tv unfortunately. The Muppets has been the only movie I've seen on the BIG SCREEN.
  19. Pinkflower7783

Yeah I feel like this is knit-picking myself...the muppets are known for breaking the fourth wall why is one line any different?
  20. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Because its a time specific wall breakage that should work just the first time.