"Gee, I wish I were you people..."

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I agree; for as innovative as the bike sequence was, they could have found a better way to incorporate it into the story. It's like "Okay, they're fighting, they're fighting... oh look, now they're riding bikes!"
Hehe, well the whole movie is sort of Pythonesque in its randomness. Columbo's little cameo for instance, hilarious, lol.

rexcrk

Reaction score
Nope, that line doesn't bother me at all.

David French

Reaction score
"...seeing this for the first time."

Does anyone else get annoyed with the beginning of GMC where Kermit explains the movie and says, "Gee, I wish I were you people seeing this for the first time." That line has grated on me even when it really *was* the first time I was seeing the movie, because I knew that as soon as I watched it a second time, that line would be pointless and kinda destroyed.

Anyone else feel that way about it? Does it annoy you when movies don't think ahead?
Not really, as I know that once again Kermit is breaking the fourth wall, just like he regularly did on the Muppet Show.

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
No, not really, I don't even think "Well, it's really my 30th time" when he says it. If anything I'm super jealous of the people who actually got to see it in the theater. I was too little (a baby!).

Beakerfan

Reaction score
Hehe, well the whole movie is sort of Pythonesque in its randomness. Columbo's little cameo for instance, hilarious, lol.
*runs into the thread* DID SOMEONE SAY MONTY PYTHON? *clings to John Cleese*

To be honest... I've only seen GMC like, three times so the line doesn't bother me. I'm sure if I watched it more often it would get annoying, though. It's like at the end of "Scrooged" when Bill Murray is trying to get the audience to sing along, except that he expects the people he's talking to are sitting in a large theatre, not at home. (I love Bill Murray, btw, so don't think I'm trying to knock him or anything)

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
*runs into the thread* DID SOMEONE SAY MONTY PYTHON? *clings to John Cleese*
What behind the rabbit? It is the rabbit!

It's like at the end of "Scrooged" when Bill Murray is trying to get the audience to sing along, except that he expects the people he's talking to are sitting in a large theatre, not at home. (I love Bill Murray, btw, so don't think I'm trying to knock him or anything)
Very true, it's exactly like that, lol. It's cute but more effective under the proper conditions.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Oh yes! Or like Elmo in Emlo in Grouchland expecting people to be in a cinema, when he gets everyone to participate, such as blowing raspberries. I always found it weird that he talked as if to a whole crowd when I was the only one watching. (Not that I'd ever watch that movie by myself...obviously...I'm not that sad...*ahem*) But I suppose maybe he is talking to everyone watching all over the world...at the same time.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Heh, it also reminds me of the live action Peter Pan movie (the one that starred Mary Martin) where Peter Pan asks everyone in the audience to clap so Tinker Bell won't die. As a kid I was always too afraid not to clap, just in case it really did happen! :wink:

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
Or in that one Care Bears movie where---

Wait. Just typing this out is too ridiculous. I have to stop. :insatiable: