Entire Fraggle Five on Ebay!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
This is so sad. I'm so sick of people like you in america. They use god as a crutch to try to control others actions. What's right is right. You're mixed up. Due to people that have strong, uneducated and judgemental views they really mess things up for everyone, and turn a fun forum into judgement zone. And biblically who gives you the right to even judge actions. Your post was so sprititually arrogant and prideful. You passive aggressively stated you're better than everyone "different standard...don't have to make exuses for yourself". It is this frame of mind why i left the ministry. Love thy brother? Go ointo the world and preach the good news of the gospal? Haven't read anything good or positive in your postings. Please stop preaching. No one is going to pass an offering plate for you. Until i can marry my same sex partner who i dearly love, I don't want to hear comments from people like you who say right is right. STOP making judgement calls. Its not helping your cause.
Here's a big welcome to you from Muppet Central's graphic designer. I really enjoy your work and personally have no problem with it. There's always a fuzzy line (pun intended) with this stuff, but your motives seem like ones of fun to me. I think the quality of these pieces honors the Muppets. Seeing your beautifully crafted puppets has brought this fan joy. :super:

puppetmancan

Reaction score
Here's a big welcome to you from Muppet Central's graphic designer. I really enjoy your work and personally have no problem with it. There's always a fuzzy line (pun intended) with this stuff, but your motives seem like ones of fun to me. I think the quality of these pieces honors the Muppets. Seeing your beautifully crafted puppets has brought this fan joy. :super:

Thank you so much! I love what i do and don't mean any harm in it. Its sharing, what we are all on here for... The love of the Muppets. As far as building the puppets, the hours it takes to build these are many. You divide what the materials cost, and time spent dying everything, even the ostrich feathers, and then construction. I'm not making boo koo bucks. I do it because i love it. And it really helps tone my design skills. Yeah you can make your own patterns and make originals (i do this weekly), but also when you make something based entirely on videos and pictures, it really challenges you to be creative in different ways. Again thanks. I really appreciate the compliments. MC would be a better place if people where like you and encourage puppeteers and builders, instead of being jealious of others' skills and condemming them biblically or just because. The world doesn't need any more negativety. This world needs a smile back on...Isn't that what the muppets have always been based on. :smile:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I feel exactly the same. Your original puppets and replica Muppets really are amazing. I can't imagine how the world would be if I could make my own Muppet! :wisdom:

MGov

Reaction score
This is so sad. I'm so sick of people like you in america. They use god as a crutch to try to control others actions. What's right is right. You're mixed up. Due to people that have strong, uneducated and judgemental views they really mess things up for everyone, and turn a fun forum into judgement zone. And biblically who gives you the right to even judge actions. Your post was so sprititually arrogant and prideful. You passive aggressively stated you're better than everyone "different standard...don't have to make exuses for yourself". It is this frame of mind why i left the ministry. Love thy brother? Go ointo the world and preach the good news of the gospal? Haven't read anything good or positive in your postings. Please stop preaching. No one is going to pass an offering plate for you. Until i can marry my same sex partner who i dearly love, I don't want to hear comments from people like you who say right is right. STOP making judgement calls. Its not helping your cause.
Wow.

It's wrong that you can't marry your partner. I have yet to hear a real argument to convince me otherwise.

It's wrong to take advantage of other people's work for your own profit. I'm not preaching. I'm just waiting for someone to make an argument that convinces me otherwise.

Seriously.

If someone can make a true, valid argument, that doesn't include "It's just for fun" (people sell on eBay for money, not for fun) or "I'm just providing what the big companies don't" (Also based on money), then I will concede that I am wrong.

So go for it.

Oh, and I'm an agnostic.

rtgentry

Reaction score
Wow.

It's wrong that you can't marry your partner. I have yet to hear a real argument to convince me otherwise.

It's wrong to take advantage of other people's work for your own profit. I'm not preaching. I'm just waiting for someone to make an argument that convinces me otherwise.

Seriously.

If someone can make a true, valid argument, that doesn't include "It's just for fun" (people sell on eBay for money, not for fun) or "I'm just providing what the big companies don't" (Also based on money), then I will concede that I am wrong.

So go for it.

Oh, and I'm an agnostic.

Lol that would explain your Oh So cheery attitude.. :boo:

Show and Tell

Reaction score
yes this is America and i still have as much a freedom of speech as anyone else here. You dont have to agree or like what i have to say about the subject but i will NOT shut up just because you have a different opinion. The fact is copyright infringement( as petty as you may feel it is) is illegal. Doesnt matter your opinion or mine for that matter when your standing before a judge paying restitution. As for the attack you tried to make toward my faith, i never said i was perfect but i know my God. Say what you want to about my crutch. At least ill still be standing even as ignorant as i am

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
yes this is America and i still have as much a freedom of speech as anyone else here. You dont have to agree or like what i have to say about the subject but i will NOT shut up just because you have a different opinion. The fact is copyright infringement( as petty as you may feel it is) is illegal. Doesnt matter your opinion or mine for that matter when your standing before a judge paying restitution. As for the attack you tried to make toward my faith, i never said i was perfect but i know my God. Say what you want to about my crutch. At least ill still be standing even as ignorant as i am
you know ive been reading this thread since the begining,
and while im not gonna say anything about the puppet issue itself because im sure most of you know where i stand, i gotta say, as a christian myself and even starting my puppet career in a church, you dont have a very Godly attitude toward anyone's opinions in this situation,.especially Puppetmancan...i love his work ive seen it many times and i think he has awesome talent...but you gotta take your self down off your high pedistal..thats one of the issues i have with my own church they see themselves high and mighty and spew the bible at people instead of talking to them like normal people...just my 2 cents even if it doesnt make sense

Pork

Reaction score
you know ive been reading this thread since the begining,
and while im not gonna say anything about the puppet issue itself because im sure most of you know where i stand, i gotta say, as a christian myself and even starting my puppet career in a church, you dont have a very Godly attitude toward anyone's opinions in this situation,.especially Puppetmancan...i love his work ive seen it many times and i think he has awesome talent...but you gotta take your self down off your high pedistal..thats one of the issues i have with my own church they see themselves high and mighty and spew the bible at people instead of talking to them like normal people...just my 2 cents even if it doesnt make sense
yeah this makes sense.

And as far as freedom of speech goes...sure, we have freedom of speech. But just because we are free to do something doesn't mean it's beneficial to do so.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Part of being a human, much less a person of faith, is to treat others with kindness. It's difficult, but freedom of speech should be tempered with responsibility and kindness.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Just reading this thread and, wow, does anyone even moderate this forum anymore?

I'm not sure how exactly this veered off in to God and gay marriage or what that has to do with puppetry, but I will say that when this debate inevitably rears its ugly head it makes me think it should just be a banned topic. Not to suppress anyone's point of view, but because I think both sides of this issue have said just about everything that could possibly be said about it.

What seems to usually happen here when when people argue about this is that nobody is speaking the same language. The anti-replica folks argue what the law is and the pro-replica folks argue what they think the law should be, or that they disagree with it. The two are like apples and oranges.

Selling replica puppets (or almost anything else really) based on someone's intellectual property violates copyright laws. Saying that isn't being judgmental or having an opinion, it's stating a true and verifiable fact. Anyone who says otherwise is kidding themselves.

At the same time, obviously a lot of people don't care or feel they're entitled to sell replicas "at cost" or because there's no way for fans to buy a replica Muppet. The ethics of that can be debated, but maybe the tone of the debate would be a little better if the anti-replica folks were a little less judgmental and the pro-replica folks could be honest and acknowledge the reality that you're not supposed to sell work based on someone's copyright, even if you are a fan?

Personally, I liked what Jamie (frogboy) had to say about being torn between wanting to own a Scooter puppet and at the same time acknowledging that if it was his intellectual property being used/profited from he'd probably be upset. If I had to guess, I'd say that's probably representative of how most people feel.