Muppet Peter Pan

Amy

Reaction score
Oh, the covers for 4 are up now?

Cool, I'll post mine to dA later today.
I NEVER know when these things get released, so thanks for the heads-up :wink:

I was totally expecting my editor to reject my cover idea as being too sad, but they said DO IT! Rip their hearts out, whoooooo!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Oh, the covers for 4 are up now?

Cool, I'll post mine to dA later today.
I NEVER know when these things get released, so thanks for the heads-up :wink:

I was totally expecting my editor to reject my cover idea as being too sad, but they said DO IT! Rip their hearts out, whoooooo!
*laughs* Anytime I can give you the heads-up, I'll be glad to. :stick_out_tongue:

I'm SO glad they let you go with that cover. The Muppets aren't all about the silly--I'm glad they get to showcase their heart too. The cover is gorgeous. I love Kermit's legs and Piggy's limp leg... *sniff* It's so beautiful and sad. PERFECT.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Hearts are being shredded as you speak! I am a massive fan of Peter Pan (probably due to a lingering desire not to grow-up :stick_out_tongue:) and that moment of selfishness followed by self-sacrifice by Tinkerbell is the defining moment of the books in my opinion. (Well, about as defining as the Peter Pan/Wendy thimble moment :stick_out_tongue:)

And also, it is great to see Kermit (Peter?) caring so completely about Miss Piggy -- after years of his somewhat shunning her in interviews and such.

Amy

Reaction score
And also, it is great to see Kermit (Peter?) caring so completely about Miss Piggy -- after years of his somewhat shunning her in interviews and such.
Piggy throws herself at Kermit to this day and he just deals with it as best he can. I think if he actually responded to Piggy's advances his very LIFE would be in danger from her enthusiastic joy and pig-passion. So it could very well be that Kermit's just thinking of his own longevity when he sidesteps Piggy. :big_grin:

Despite all that, I always believed Kermit DOES care for Piggy very much. They're like an old married couple by now.

But yes, I'm very much up with keeping the heart in the Muppets as well. Just another reason why I love Roger's scripts so much. They all end on a very sweet caring moment.

All together!
"If just one person belieeeeves in yoooou..."

Drtooth

Reaction score
Nuts... now I'm gonna have to start clapping to get Piggerbelle back to life, and I might damage the comic. :shifty:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Also a keeper! I love the classic look of Hook -- Moustached, and caped with the long red coat...(Aptly mixed with a classic look Gonzo with hooked nose and straight bits...if that description makes any sense at all :stick_out_tongue:)

Janice as Wendy here looks like the Wendy we all know and love, sitting up straight and tall as she's rowed away to her doom. I'm interested to know whether we will see her with her eyes open...