Muppet Peter Pan

Beauregard

Reaction score
*spinning with happiness at Muppet Fans actually AGREEING that they all love something!*

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
*spinning with happiness at Muppet Fans actually AGREEING that they all love something!*
Actually, I have to disagree.

Just kidding! Wokka wokka!

Issue #2 was fantastic! What a perfect combination of snappy clever writing and lively expressive art! Bring on Issue #3!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Wow... you guys are going DARK... Peter comes off like such a schmuck in this story, and I'm loving it all. This comic and the Bohemian Rhapsody videos have literally made my week... Even moreso than the Smurf Balloon in the Macy's Parade.

Amy

Reaction score
Hey folks.

I've got official okay from my editor to give you all a heads-up.
Pan #4 is going to be delayed by at least a few weeks and won't be released until Jan '10.
The reason is simple and due to me - I just moved house and anyone who has moved house knows what a time-sucking hassle it is.
Unfortunately, the comic won't be ready in time for lettering and layout to be done, so Boom! have kindly granted a few more week's time to finish it up properly.

It's going to be great and worth the wait, though :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I don't care what anyone thinks right there... but THAT is a very generous thing for a comic book company to do for it's staff. You gotta give Boom a hand for that one. Bravo. I say, we are just as understanding as the company on this one... I don't mind waiting, myself... I can get caught up on some of the other great things they publish.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Tough Pigs has an illustrated scoop on Peter Pan 4!

I must admit my disappointment in the drawing of Pepe in issue 3, but you can actually see the progression of improvement over the panels in this final issue. He's not perfect, but he better matches the great quality of the other Muppet designs.

I must also admit that a couple books it became clear that a little bit of squash-and-stretch and some subtle graphic touches including visual things that the puppets can't actually do would add an extra spark to the art. I hope that's taken into account with the King Arthur series. Boom credits Amy as the designated artist for those and I couldn’t be more pleased.

I also hope Boom with increase the number of artists dealing with the property. It’s nice to see variety to these issues. I hope they can eventually steal David Peterson away from his other duties in order to draw a complete issue or series down the road. He has become my favorite cover artist lately. Just a great job on these all-around...well, with the exception of Robin Hood. The writing and art on Pan really shows how it can be done right!

So Pan 4 comes out next week. Woohoo!

Amy

Reaction score
T He's not perfect, but he better matches the great quality of the other Muppet designs.
Heh. Yeah, I readily admit I haven't seen an awful lot of Pepe in action, so he was by far the most unfamiliar to me of all the characters I had to draw.

I hope that's taken into account with the King Arthur series. Boom credits Amy as the designated artist for those and I couldn’t be more pleased.
Buh?
News to me. I've done a set of covers, but I just did some cross-checking with my editor and no, I am definitely not the artist for King Arthur. Sorry :wink:
Someone at Boom! is posting erroneous information. Here is the correct lineup:
Writers: Paul Benjamin and Patrick Storch
Artist (Issue 1): Dave Alvarez
(Issue 2): Dave Silvani
So art duties are now being shared for King Arthur, but I'm just a cover artist. I also just completed the Muppet King Arthur logo, so you won't have to look at that quickie metal one anymore :wink:

It’s nice to see variety to these issues. I hope they can eventually steal David Peterson away from his other duties in order to draw a complete issue or series down the road.
We'd all love to get Dave Petersen on a full series. But that's for my editor to negotiate :wink:

In other news, I can now confirm I will be drawing Muppet Show issues 4-7, with a script by Roger Langridge.
As a big fan of Roger's scripts, I am super-excited and we have a great story coming up.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Heh. Yeah, I readily admit I haven't seen an awful lot of Pepe in action, so he was by far the most unfamiliar to me of all the characters I had to draw.
I was a bit surprised by issue 3, but Pepe looks much better now. I'm certain Boom and Disney provide you with a lot of puppet source, but if you need any puppet prawn reference, just ask. I've got a few nice shots.

Buh?
News to me. I've done a set of covers, but I just did some cross-checking with my editor and no, I am definitely not the artist for King Arthur. Sorry
Someone at Boom! is posting erroneous information. Here is the correct lineup:
Writers: Paul Benjamin and Patrick Storch
Artist (Issue 1): Dave Alvarez
(Issue 2): Dave Silvani
So art duties are now being shared for King Arthur, but I'm just a cover artist. I also just completed the Muppet King Arthur logo, so you won't have to look at that quickie metal one anymore :wink:

We'd all love to get Dave Petersen on a full series. But that's for my editor to negotiate :wink:

In other news, I can now confirm I will be drawing Muppet Show issues 4-7, with a script by Roger Langridge.
As a big fan of Roger's scripts, I am super-excited and we have a great story coming up.
Woah, well their site info is spotty but it's all mixed up the right way I suppose. Congrats! It will be nice to see you work with the Muppets playing the Muppets this outing. Langridge's panels are rich with supporting cast, will that tradition carry on with your version? I'm very curious.

Shared duties on Arthur. Interesting. Looking forward to the new logo! :super:

Amy

Reaction score
Actually no, I have to seek out my own reference material. All I got from Disney were some spot illustrations I use for the colour palettes.
The problem is finding good shots of the actual puppet in action. Most Pepe photos online are posed publicity photos, which use different puppets to the actual performing ones.