Muppet Peter Pan

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Is Nana supposed to be played by Camilla, or just a random chicken? They all look the same.

Also, a question for Grace or Amy: Do comic book writers and artists get residuals for their work?

Amy

Reaction score
Yes, it's Camilla.
The casting pecking order goes 'Camilla first, THEN send in the random chickens"

And whether artists and writers get residuals or not would be confidential information and not something we would reveal publically.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I finally got my copy today. Amazing. AMAZING. I'm stunned beyond belief at how gorgeous and funny and perfect this book is. One issue in and I already think it's the greatest comic book to come out of BOOM! that I've read so far. Excellent. 5/5 stars, ladies. Congratulations on such a wonderful book!

muppetguy

Reaction score
Hello. I'm sorry I haven't read through the entire thread but wanted to say what I thought about the first issue of "Muppet Peter Pan". I have bought and read all previous Muppet comic titles, but in my honest opinnion, this one blows everything out of the water. I am a huge fan of how the characters look in this book. I wasn't too fond of how they were being portrayed in the others. I have to say, the writer for this book got all the characters spot on, to the point where when I was reading it, I could hear the actual character voices in my head WITH their unique phrasing. A big A + + + + from me here. I can not wait for the other peter pan issues to come out and hope that future issues, the characters will be drawn just like this.

Also, I like the way they are putting their own twist on Peter Pan. I also liked the back and forth with Sam and the narator. That made me laugh. GREAT STUFF I recommend this to anyone!:wink:

GRandolph

Reaction score
I'm so glad to hear everyone's enjoying Muppet Peter Pan!

Amy and I did indeed work very hard on it. :smile:

I hope everyone enjoys issue 2 just as much, and thanks again for your feedback. It means a lot!

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
I was actually thinking about skipping this one, because I was just so-so on Muppet Robin Hood. But Muppet Peter Pan was SO good, for all of the reasons mentioned here. The writing, the characters, the art were all just spot on! Exactly what they should be. I'm so looking forward to issue #2--good work!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I think the one thing I have a problem with muppet Robin Hood is that the writer, while he does a good job, doesn't really tell the story in a very muppety way until maybe the final issue. Half the time, you could swear he played it straight. While we won't get into Neverswamp until the end of this month, seems that this writer found the balance right off the bat.

GRandolph

Reaction score
Thanks for giving Muppet Peter Pan a shot, AndyWan!

It really is great to hear everyone's positive feedback - and yes, we will be having lots of fun in Neverswamp right away in issue #2!

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
I'm glad I did--it was great! Just perfectly Muppety! I found myself laughing out loud and re-reading some of it (the Narrator / Sam interchanges) aloud to my wife!