Waiting for Season 40

SSLFan

Reaction score
Season 40 is taking the LONGEST to get here! It hurt's more since we have to wait an extra 3 months. I am really anticipating this big event. I'm getting goosebumps!
:insatiable::batty::wisdom:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Sadly, these SS seasons keep taking longer and longer because they keep pushing the seasons up. Years ago they started in February, then April, then August... not all the way until November. Of course, it does make sense to have the 40th season premier around the same time the first episode was premiered.

But let's not forget that they usually split the episodes up as well, cutting them with older episodes to make 26 episodes last. So not only do we have to wait until November, it could be until 2010 to see all the episodes.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Now, this next season we'll be losing Olmaide Faison (Miles Robinson). We should be able to express our thoughts on that. It would be nice to be able to talk about this stuff without hearing people whine about it!
His appearances were getting less and less frequent. Shame that he's leaving, but I kinda saw it coming.

And of course there's gonna be that much anticipation. How many shows can say they're entering their 40th season. This is an unprecedented amount of time for a TV show to be on, and with no signs of slowing down, either...

mr3urious

Reaction score
Hopefully, season 40 will show more classic stuff.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
His appearances were getting less and less frequent. Shame that he's leaving, but I kinda saw it coming.

And of course there's gonna be that much anticipation. How many shows can say they're entering their 40th season. This is an unprecedented amount of time for a TV show to be on, and with no signs of slowing down, either...
Yeah. Poor Gordon is losing his family. First Susan goes down to one episode per season. Now this. It's mainly because Chris is on the show. It seems like he's the one in the Robinson family that gets the most airtime next to Gordon himself. Hopefully, Miles' disappearance will at least be explained.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Hopefully, season 40 will show more classic stuff.
Would be great if they did. I don't think it's possible, since they have so many things they just can't fit in the show anymore. There are quite a few Ernie and Bert segments from the late 70's and 80's they could show that didn't age at all. Those would be perfect.

Yeah. Poor Gordon is losing his family. First Susan goes down to one episode per season. Now this. It's mainly because Chris is on the show. It seems like he's the one in the Robinson family that gets the most airtime next to Gordon himself.
Probably because he doesn't have all that much to do outside of the show. I don't know what Susan's actress is doing, but Miles must be busy with his own projects...

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Wait? Olmaide's leaving? Is there official word of this somewhere?

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Well, someone mentioned it to me. Plus I think I've seen that he was removed from the cast list at either the SW website or on Muppet Wiki. Maybe I'll check on that again.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
OK how do you know for sure Miles is leaving?

Did the SW site put up something about his departutre.

OK I see where you got the info on Miles but can we at least double check before saying anything and not get dramatic with poor Gordon losing his family?

I'm not saying no one here shouldn't talk about whatever we want.

It was just a suggestion referring to when the new season begins.

I'm just saying some of the dramatic ways that some express themselves is just annoying and repeating things like hoping for classic stuff gets shown which will probably be less likely.

We already have the Youtube and SW websites to watch the old classic anyway so why keep repeating that year after year?