Waiting for Season 40

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Well, someone mentioned it to me. Plus I think I've seen that he was removed from the cast list at either the SW website or on Muppet Wiki. Maybe I'll check on that again.
I just checked and he is still of SW's website and on SS's PBS site.

I know he wasn't in the cast photo for season 40, but not all of the cast members are always in the cast photo. So, I don't know?

Convincing John

Reaction score
What's up with you? If anything, you're here for complaining about how we stray off-topic on occasion. This is an open forum, thus there is many thoughts and feelings to be shared, not what you want to hear.
Daffyfan2003 said:
I agree with Oscarfan. All Benedict does is complain about what we talk about. We have a right to talk about this stuff.
I agree.

mikebennidict said:
Well the reason why I sometimes get annoyed is not what's atlked about but it's the either repeating things
Yes, things can get repeated...

mikebennidict said:
this is summer and many outdoors doing activities.....Why don't you go outside and enjoy the summer.....I'm sure they and their parents can find other things to do till then eswpecially with summer here.
mikebennidict said:
What does this got to do with the topic?.....Uh can we stay on topic people?.....Is there some reason why we're talking this thread off topic?.....don't think these last posts have anything to do with the thread topic.
Hmmm...

mikebennidict said:
or the way something's stated or expressed.
Others may feel the same way...

mikebennidict said:
And what's the point of that?.....Of course you can't convince anyone to change how they feel. Why ever bother? Just don't even talk to him or her.
mikebennidict said:
I'm just saying some of the dramatic ways that some express themselves is just annoying.
It sure can be...

mikebennidict said:
if there some reason why you must share that with everyone?.....Let's stop moaning about this and discuss other aspects of the long running series.....it's not your concern what the youngster feel.
mikebennidict said:
I'm not saying no one here shouldn't talk about whatever we want.
Good.

When the MC Moderators (whose job it is--not yours--to watch and maintain this forum) decide a thread is going too far astray, they'll give us a gentle reminder to get back on track (as they have done in the past). So far, I don't see any posts from them in this thread about that. Therefore, we must be doing a good job keeping on topic. We're all talking about Season 40 and what we can look forward to. Which reminds me...

I did have some questions about Season 40. First up, I didn't know that the actor playing Miles was planning to leave the show. Is this for real? I wonder if just the actor playing Miles will be replaced or if the character will be retired.

I figured in Susan's case, she's been with the show since Day 1. Maybe Dr. Long is thinking of retiring? I really can't see Sesame Workshop try to recast her after all these years. Yeah, they recast Gordon, but that was quite a few years ago.

Another thing I was wondering about is where the Fix It Shop will be this upcoming season. According to the Muppet Wiki, it was moved somewhere else on the street when the laundromat moved in. Not a big deal, but why do they keep moving it around? Just curious. It seems like the past few seasons, Sesame Workshop has been sliding it around the set like this.:insatiable:

I have heard (over at Tough Pigs I think) that there will be a new Grover and Fred the Wonder Horse sketch this upcoming season...played by Frank and Jerry! That'll be something to look forward to for sure!

I think is great that people here are getting excited about Season 40 even if some people watching are outside of the intended target range. Sesame Street is more than just a show. It's a part of our history, our culture and also a part of Jim Henson's legacy.

I think Sonia Manzano put it best: "No matter who you are or what you look like or how old you get, you're always welcome on Sesame Street."

Convincing John

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I did have some questions about Season 40. First up, I didn't know that the actor playing Miles was planning to leave the show. Is this for real? I wonder if just the actor playing Miles will be replaced or if the character will be retired.

I figured in Susan's case, she's been with the show since Day 1. Maybe Dr. Long is thinking of retiring? I really can't see Sesame Workshop try to recast her after all these years. Yeah, they recast Gordon, but that was quite a few years ago.

Another thing I was wondering about is where the Fix It Shop will be this upcoming season. According to the Muppet Wiki, it was moved somewhere else on the street when the laundromat moved in. Not a big deal, but why do they keep moving it around? Just curious. It seems like the past few seasons, Sesame Workshop has been sliding it around the set like this.:insatiable:

Convincing John
Well, as far as miles goes, there is no official word he is leaving the show, so we can't say anything.

As far as Susan goes, she is not leaving the show. She will sill be on next season.

Now about the Fix-It-Shop. They have only moved it once as far as I know. The reason it's in it's old place somtimes is because they continue to show thew previous season before it was removed.

Drtooth

Reaction score
As far as Susan goes, she is not leaving the show. She will sill be on next season.
Yeah. She must be busy with some other project or work of her own. But she seems like the kind of person who would still be with the show. Same with Bob. We only saw him once last season, but for all we know he has his own little projects. But he still is a very big part of the show.

I'm a little confused about Miles myself, but wasn't he sort of written off a couple seasons ago, but appeared in one or two episodes?

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Yeah. She must be busy with some other project or work of her own. But she seems like the kind of person who would still be with the show. Same with Bob. We only saw him once last season, but for all we know he has his own little projects. But he still is a very big part of the show.

I'm a little confused about Miles myself, but wasn't he sort of written off a couple seasons ago, but appeared in one or two episodes?
Well that and Bob and Susan are both in the season forty photo shoot.

But yeah, I mean in the past couple of seasons or so Miles has only appeared in only a few segments here and there. Especially sense Chris was introduced.

mbmfrog

Reaction score
I have to say if SW is taking this long for Season 40 to debut the same time the orignal show did, then it bound to be a good one to celebrate all 40 years of the series.

I mean it's not like they have a television special coming out before the 40th season debut, right ? :frown:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
When the MC Moderators (whose job it is--not yours--to watch and maintain this forum) decide a thread is going too far astray, they'll give us a gentle reminder to get back on track (as they have done in the past). So far, I don't see any posts from them in this thread about that. Therefore, we must be doing a good job keeping on topic. We're all talking about Season 40 and what we can look forward to. Which reminds me...
Just ignore him like I do. I don't even read the b*****s posts anymore. (Pardon my language, but he really ticks me off) I've learned from when I used to post on the WB message boards that fighting only gets people in trouble. If Bennedict wants to get banned for his :grouchy: attitude, it's his problem not ours.

Yeah. I'm curious about whether or not they'd show up more often if more episodes were made per season. But since those two were there since day one and now we have all these newcomers, Bob and Loretta (Susan) might be involved in other things as well. Though Bob did mention on his blog a lot about season 40, so maybe he might make quite a few appearances this year.

Now about the Fix-It-Shop. They have only moved it once as far as I know. The reason it's in it's old place somtimes is because they continue to show thew previous season before it was removed.
Yeah, even though we've seen the Fix-It-Shop on the set this season we didn't see Maria and Luis working there at all this year, hopefully that place will get more airtime as well.

Convincing John

Reaction score
I wonder what else Susan is involved in. Maybe (wishful thinking) she's working on an autobiography. I think Bob and Sonia (Maria) are working on their memoirs now and Roscoe wrote a book. That'd be nice if Loretta followed suit.

The Fix It Shop would be wonderful to see this season. It gives Maria and luis a "home base", you know?

Speaking of Maria and Luis segments, I enjoyed the firefly song Maria and Luis sang on the stoop (forget which episode number) but it was really pretty if you haven't seen it. It was twilight on the street and they had the set darkened just a little. Combine that with the music and you have a nice little scene that works well.

Hopefully, they'll do a few more shows like that this upcoming season: humans and Muppets hanging out on the stoop at the end of the day and someone jamming. That was cool.

Convincing John

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I wonder what else Susan is involved in. Maybe (wishful thinking) she's working on an autobiography. I think Bob and Sonia (Maria) are working on their memoirs now and Roscoe wrote a book. That'd be nice if Loretta followed suit.

The Fix It Shop would be wonderful to see this season. It gives Maria and luis a "home base", you know?

Speaking of Maria and Luis segments, I enjoyed the firefly song Maria and Luis sang on the stoop (forget which episode number) but it was really pretty if you haven't seen it. It was twilight on the street and they had the set darkened just a little. Combine that with the music and you have a nice little scene that works well.

Hopefully, they'll do a few more shows like that this upcoming season: humans and Muppets hanging out on the stoop at the end of the day and someone jamming. That was cool.

Convincing John
That episode reminded me a little of the movie, Cloverfield.